Jun 17, 2022
$56,000 - $70,000 yearly
Rocky Mountain Children's Law Center
Denver, CO, USA
The Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center (RMCLC) is a non-profit legal organization with the mission of advocating for children and youth, driving systemic reform, and boldly challenging the status quo so that every young person who has experienced trauma or instability has the opportunity to thrive. Our work builds on a 40-year history of advocacy with a current annual budget of approximately $1.7 million, comprised primarily of government and non-government grants, earned income, corporate and individual contributions, and events revenue.
The Finance Manager is primarily responsible for all aspects of financial activity of the organization, as well a number of other general administrative management functions. The Finance Manager is someone with solid work ethic, attention to detail, and impeccable integrity, always working with a strong commitment to the organization’s mission and a sense of urgency towards those we serve.
Reports To: Executive Director
- Financial –
- Manage and perform incoming and outgoing financial transactions accurately and according to appropriate timelines.
- Manage the employee payroll function via a third party payroll service provider, including ensuring accurate and timely inputs and appropriate accounting entries.
- Manage recurring events including but not limited to the annual audit, filing of IRS 1099 Forms, preparation and filing of RMCLC’s annual IRS 990 Forms, completion of required renewals and census documents, etc.
- Reconcile all relevant accounts consistently and in a timely manner.
- Manage client-related financial records and invoicing.
- Manage grant-related financial records and invoicing.
- In conjunction with key personnel and informed by both historic data and anticipated future activity, develop meaningful budget projections for the organization and for its various programs.
- Create timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis for various recipients, including useful and user-friendly summary dashboards.
- Review and assess financial data, sharing conclusions and making recommendations appropriately.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with coworkers, vendors and clients.
- Ensure excellent processes and controls, including but not limited to maintenance of records, identification and resolution of discrepancies, security of materials and data, management of cash flow, and identification of process improvement and cost savings opportunities.
- Keep current on and assure compliance with applicable regulations and deadlines.
- Administrative –
- Oversee administration of all RMCLC personnel benefits and perform related tasks.
- Oversee web based Time-Off Management system and perform related tasks.
- Maintain and secure employee and intern personnel files.
- Ensure RMCLC compliance with Human Resource related rules and regulations.
- Oversee timelines, actions and record-keeping related to certain ongoing contracts, leases and compliance requirements.
- Oversee maintenance of RMCLC insurance policies, licensure, tax obligations, etc.
- Manage additional short and/or long term projects as appropriate or assigned.
Rocky Mountain Children's Law Center
- Passion for Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Proven aptitude in financial management and analysis with minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Experience in non-profit accounting preferred.
- Understand Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and associated functions and controls, particularly as they relate to 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Previous experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting application required
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills regarding judgment, discretion, confidentiality, patience, reliability, accuracy and expedience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Impeccable ethical standards
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Self-driven and persistent with flexible and willing attitude
- Team-focused with a willingness to jump in with tasks large and small, and a desire to collaborate with and receive feedback from others
Advocacy/Social Action, Crime/Legal
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 403(b) retirement savings with employer match
- AFLAC options
- Flexible spending account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vacation time, sick time, and personal time
Interested parties must submit a resume, references, and letter of intent to Betsy Fordyce, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Finance Manager Position.
Submissions will be accepted through June 30, 2022, or until position is filled.