Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM is seeking a talented and energetic individual to join the Information Technology team as the Helpdesk Manager. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing a team of support engineers, while nurturing positive relationships across all members of the organization. They will care deeply about the mission of the organization, be detail oriented, work efficiently, respond quickly to issues, and work with the team effectively to determine and implement solutions, while providing excellent customer service.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the support team's daily activities as well as the dispatch process of service requests, while ensuring that issues are addressed courteously, promptly, and efficiently
- Ensure that all team members are fully trained and prepared to provide excellent customer service and expertise for technology support issues
- Run consistent meetings to maintain connectivity across the team members and locations
- Analyze service requests to determine if there are patterns in certain types of requests that may indicate opportunities to improve productivity
- Develop and implement key metrics, KPI's, perform analysis and provide reporting to leadership to drive consistency and an understanding of incident trends
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process, including written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users
- Manage budgeting, procurement, and inventory for IT operations
- Respond to escalations from team, and escalate issues to appropriate resources as needed
- Perform knowledge transfer between team members for any new technology or procedures
- Train computer users in using technology resources
- Manage users and assets with technical tools deployed within the organization (e.g. JAMF, Google Workspace, Active Directory, Powerschool, SnipeIT, Zabbix, etc.)
- Lead efforts to provide direct technical assistance and customer friendly support to staff, students, and families for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Keep on top of current technologies, including tools and platforms to support remote learning (e.g. Schoology, Zoom, etc.)
- Equivalent of Associates Degree or higher and 5+ years of experience in an IT related field or High School Diploma and 7+ years of experience in an IT related field
- 4+ years of experience managing a team of support engineers
- Experience training new support engineers in organizational helpdesk processes
- Strong experience with a helpdesk ticketing system (e.g. HappyFox, ZenDesk, AutoTask)
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, students and parents
- Strong experience supporting Chromebook, Windows, and MAC operating systems
- Strong Experience with Google Suite/Workplace – user management, listservs, classroom, chromebooks
- Customer service oriented with a positive attitude and helpful nature
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
- Experience in administration within the JAMF Pro Cloud management service
- Experience managing users and groups with Active Directory
- Intermediate understanding and experience in networking principles, including TCP/IP protocols
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone, in writing, or in person
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to pay attention to details and encourage team members to do the same
- Ability to listen to his team members and communicate instructions effectively
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- High energy, passion, and dedication to the mission of the organization
- Have in-depth knowledge of management goals and visions and work in line with team members to achieve them
- Experience with A/V equipment, e.g.projectors, mixers, mic and speaker is a plus.
- Certifications are a plus - e.g. ITIL, A+, Network+
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours;
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling;
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds;
- Prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions;
- Work oncall and after hours.
Hours and Compensation:
- Hours are generally in 8 hour shifts between 7:30 AM - 6:30 PM with occasional after hours or weekend work.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403B retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees, including a booster dose. Part-time staff hired for the summer season only, are exempt from the booster dose, however they must have received a 2-dose series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.