The copywriter will be responsible for creating and trafficking content and copy that helps advance Hadassah’s mission of healing.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write broad range of marketing and communications assets (articles, ads, brochures,
video and podcast scripts/caption editing, emails, annual reports, one-pagers, PowerPoints, presentations, talking points, etc.)
- Editing, fact checking, copy editing and proofreading
- Perform research on assigned topics and Interview relevant people to find more information.
- Provide regular reports on content performance in collaboration with MarCom and other division and dept. directors
- Collaborate with MarCom creative team and other divisions on marketing and communications strategy/plans as needed.
- Manage copy calendars and keep department on deadline.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a writer (preferably non-profit), marketing/advertising agency and/or digital media.
- 1+ years of experience with project management
- Experience creating content ranging from web articles to brochures, and comfortable with best practices for creating digital and print content.
- As necessary, communicate and collaborate with communications, marketing, designers, and other teams, both internally and with agency partners or other external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to create compelling and creative materials.
- Strong editing/proofreading skills.
- Experienced with project management tools and software, like Basecamp and/or Salesforce.
- Well-versed in the rules of grammar, NY Times style, and other stylistic and publishing conventions
- Knowledge of writing for SEO is a plus