Jul 07, 2022
The Jed Foundation
Remote (New York, NY, USA)
Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, the Brand Communications Manager will create and manage digital communications within the External Affairs department, including graphics, newsletters, External Affairs web pages, videos, presentation decks, and publications that help to promote JED as a trusted resource in the mental health field and elevate JED’s brand overall. The Brand Communications Manager will help to ensure adherence to JED’s brand internally and among external partners; help to identify opportunities for JED leadership to participate in speaking engagements and other events that promote awareness of JED; assist in identifying opportunities for JED to garner awards and recognition; and assist with event planning and production for JED’s live and digital event, JED’s annual gala, and other activities.
- Maintain and update JED brand guidelines.
- Design promotional materials such as annual reports, infographics, web pages, one-pagers, videos, and other collateral to promote JED’s brand and support major communications and marketing initiatives within the External Affairs department.
- Manage production and design of JED’s internal and external newsletters, quarterly briefs for press, and other communications.
- Assist with the creation of materials for the Development department as needed, including assets for annual gala, annual report, and donor communications.
- Maintain and regularly update digital library of branded assets including logos, presentation decks, letterhead, stock photos, and video templates.
- Assist with the creation of ads that promote JED as a brand.
- Manage and update select web pages, including News and Views page.
- Identify and apply for relevant awards and recognition
The Jed Foundation
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in communications, graphic design, and video production preferred.
- Experience working in WordPress.
- Interest in teen and young adult mental health
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a highly productive team to meet group objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work efficiently, and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with principles of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Anti-racism in communications.