Jul 13, 2022
Remote (New York, NY, USA)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Ladies of Hope Ministries (The LOHM) is an organization whose mission is to help disenfranchised and marginalized women and girls transition back into society through resources and access to high–quality education, entrepreneurship, spiritual empowerment, advocacy, employment, and housing. The way we fulfill our mission is through our many different expansive programs, including the Angel Food Delivery Program (AFP), EPIC REPRO + Justice, EPIC Ambassadors, Faces of Women Imprisoned (FOWI), Hope House (HH), and Pathways 4 Equity.
You can learn more here: https://thelohm.org/#about-us
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Executive Director is a newly created senior-level position formed to address the fast growing needs of The LOHM. The Executive Director is responsible for leading and managing the senior leadership team and all internal operations within the organization. The Executive Director is also responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of the appropriate infrastructure, systems, policies and procedures across the organization while striving towards organizational vision and developing an inclusive culture within the LOHM.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Organizational Oversight and Team Management:
- Working closely with the President/CEO and senior leadership team to establish a five year strategic plan
- Maintaining and promoting a culture of high performance
- Building and mentoring a high-performing team committed to advancing LOHM's work
- Establishing annual operational and financial goals and managing towards them
- Bridging national and regional operations to establish seamless communication methods and increase collaboration
- Continuing to build and enhance LOHM's culture which prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion across all dimensions (e.g., recruitment/hiring, coaching/development, and programmatic implementation).
- Growing the organization's impact, taking an organization-wide approach to increasing LOHM's brand, impact, and reach
- Designing cohesive accountability systems to ensure progress toward shared goals
- Building systems and measure impact through defined metrics
- Leading the implementation of new systems and processes that enable LOHM to scale, focusing on efficiency, effectiveness, and community engagement
- Serving as a key senior-level external communicator for LOHM and its work, continuing to build its visibility, brand recognition and reach
- Supporting the President/CEO in advocating for and growing the organization
Ladies of Hope Ministries
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of professional experience required, with experience serving as a leader in a mission-driven, multi-regional organization preferred
- Experience in organizational management, development, and growth required; experience in nonprofit leadership a plus
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with demonstrated success creating and implementing plans in high-growth, dynamic environments
- Broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing
- High level of business acumen including successful profit and loss management, the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget
- Strength in coaching individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to translate ideas to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a realistic balance of multiple demands and shifting priorities in a fast–paced organizational culture
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, with a track record of building strong relationships with a diverse group of individuals at all levels
- Undergraduate degree and/or advanced degree a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of web–based meeting platforms (Zoom, GoToWebinar) and database management systems (Salesforce)
Partly flexible and remote with ability to travel as needed, while effectively managing a centrally located team
The proposed range for this role is $150K-$175K. Benefits include medical, dental and vision, paid time off and holidays.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY: