Jul 14, 2022
$70,000 - $75,000 yearly
Princeton in Asia
Remote (Hybrid Remote / In person in Princeton, NJ)
We’re looking for a resourceful, tech-savvy finance and operations professional to lead PiA’s financial management and help us build systems and processes to streamline our operations, grow our programs, and amplify our impact.
As our first Director of Finance and Operations, you will play the lead role in managing PiA’s financial activities and developing PiA’s operational infrastructure as we prepare for growth. Working closely with the Executive Director, Director of Advancement, and Director of Programs, you will develop systems and processes to support effective implementation of Advancement and Program plans and facilitate efficient collaboration within and between the PiA team, Board of Trustees, and external stakeholders. You will ensure strong financial management and timely reporting of financial data to empower decision-making, action, and long-term planning by PiA leadership. We are looking for someone who brings new ideas, fresh approaches, and an innovative spirit to the work of improving how we run the business of PiA.
Here’s a closer look at the ways you’ll shape PiA’s impact:
- Ensure the quality and efficiency of PiA’s finance, audit and risk, operations and IT, and human resources activities
- Support the Senior Leadership Team to prepare and manage annual budgets and operational plans, serving as key link between Advancement and Program functions
- Provide accurate and timely accounting information and analysis to management, the Board, external auditors, and regulatory authorities
- Develop systems and processes for the operations of all PiA activities, with an eye towards continual process improvement, internal data management, and cybersecurity
- Coordinate audit activities and preparation of 990 with external auditor, bookkeeper, and Audit and Risk Committee of the Board
- Ensure quality of PiA’s human resources through recruitment, professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation and training
- Serve as chief liaison to the Finance Committee, Audit and Risk Committee, and the Treasurer and Secretary of the Board of Trustees, supporting the organization of Committee meetings and full meetings of the Board
Princeton in Asia
Here’s what we are hoping you’ll bring to the team:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in financial management, preferably with experience in multi-year grant management
- Innovative, systems-oriented thinking, with the ability to develop streamlined solutions to complex problems and processes
- A proven track record of leveraging technology to increase efficiencies in a fast-moving environment
- Knowledge of and experience with audit, legal compliance, IT, and human resources management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate key data clearly, including in presentations to the Board or other outside stakeholders
- Orientation towards customer service, resourcefulness, and a can-do attitude
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
- Strong personal work ethic and commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity, as well as discretion with highly confidential information
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Quickbooks, and other relevant applications
- Ability to work some evenings and early mornings
- Ability to work for any employer in the United States
Education, International/Foreign Affairs, Youth Development
We love the great people the PiA mission attracts, so we like to spend some days together in the office, though we also value flexibility and respect personal work styles. This is a hybrid position with 2-3 days a week based in our Princeton, NJ office and others remote in your home office. We offer a competitive compensation package with a salary in the range of $70K-$75K and benefits that include a 401(k) plan, premium-free health and dental insurance, paid time off (three weeks of vacation, sick days upon request, 10 holidays, two personal days), and an annual wellness stipend.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter addressing the job requirements. Candidates will be asked for professional references at the interview stage.
We are committed to recruiting candidates who center diversity, equity, and inclusion in their leadership and strongly encourage candidates from marginalized or underrepresented backgrounds and identities to apply.
Apply here: https://fs20.formsite.com/princetoninasia/iqnqzjphq8/index.html