Results for America is in its third phase of growth and looking to scale its work across the board in the coming couple of years. At this exciting transition point, Results for America seeks a second Senior Manager, Talent and Operations, to join the Talent and Operations team at RFA in order to drive forward the critical mass of recruitment work.
The Senior Manager, Talent and Operations, will report to the Vice President of Talent and Operations, collaborate closely with the other members of the Talent and Operations team, and manage projects that stretch across the organization.
The responsibilities for the Senior Manager, Talent and Operations, include the following under the supervision of the VP, Talent/Operations:
Talent: Full Cycle Recruitment (45%)
● Leads full cycle recruitment for Senior Manager, Associate Director, and Director level searches at RFA, including by working with hiring managers to craft job descriptions that meet immediate and long-term team needs, managing position postings, executing interview cycles and reference checks, and partnering with the Vice President, Talent and Operations on the offer; and
● Develops and regularly maintains a pipeline for searches at or above the Senior
Manager level to give RFA maximum flexibility in responding to staffing needs, including actively networking online and offline, where appropriate.
Talent: Onboarding (20%)
● Partners with the Senior Manager, Human Resources, on onboarding for positions at or above the Senior Manager level; and
● Participates in ongoing conversations with the VPTO and colleagues across the organization to ensure that onboarding at RFA is an accessible, supportive, and equitable experience for all.
Talent: Team Development (35%)
● Serves as a project manager to the Vice President, Talent, and Operations, in personnel and operations matters, including, but not limited to, the following:
○ Return to work policies;
○ Remote work stipends and related supports;
○ Supplemental personnel policies that help RFA remain competitive among peers
in the nonprofit sector; and
○ RFA’s internal diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts;
● Serves as a thought partner to the VPTO and the Senior Manager, Human Resources, in the design and implementation of RFA’s performance management work every year.
All RFA employees are expected to be active participants in the organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts.
● Appreciation for Results for America’s mission;
● 8 to 10 years of experience in a human resource position with office management
knowledge, ideally in a non-profit environment;
● Bachelor’s degree in business or human resource management;
● Strong professional judgment, interpersonal, consultative, and facilitation skills with the ability
to recognize the need to maintain confidentiality and build trust across the team;
● Prior experience assessing organizational needs and developing and implementing
policies, systems, and processes to keep the organization abreast with current practices and informed of new laws and best practices around human resources processes and relevant employment law;
● Effective communication skills with the ability to appreciate various viewpoints, share relevant information in a timely manner, and maintain a high level of professionalism;
● Highly organized and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to work independently to drive things to completion;
● Collegial team player with the ability to be nimble, flexible, and responsive in a dynamic environment; and
● Strong technical skills (including MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) with the overall ability to quickly learn and utilize various software programs.
Salary and Benefits
At Results for America, all staff members currently receive a compensation package that includes: (1) a salary aligned with RFA’s position level and salary bands and against similar nonprofit organizations; and (2) a suite of benefits that includes a choice of medical and/or vision and dental care, paid time off, a 403b retirement plan with employer match, and education and commuter benefits.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read “YOUR NAME – Senior Manager, Talent and Operations”.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer that values/celebrates diversity and that follows a policy of making all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, partnership status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses or stalking, military status, veteran status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.