The overall responsibility for the Director of Communications is to develop and implement communications programs that effectively describe and promote psychoanalysis, APsaA, and its members. The Director of Communications is responsible for three major functional areas/projects: 1) general marketing and communications for the Association; including social media marketing 2) all media relations for the Association; and 3) strategizing, developing, and implementing both external and internal public relations programs and communications (including graphics communications) that enhance the visibility and promote the value of psychoanalysis.
Significant to this role, the Director will be responsible for the content of the Association’s website. In this role, the Director will lead the Association’s APsaA OnLine initiative, which includes a complete overhaul of the organization’s current website.
The Director also serves as the staff liaison to the association’s Committee on Public Information as well as to the Advocacy Department and its Committee on Government Relations and assists with their annual budgets. This position also consults with the Social Issues department. Some travel and public speaking are required.
• Knowledge of or desire to learn about the field of psychoanalysis.
• Expertise with website content management systems.
• Knowledge of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc, podcasts, blog writing/editing.
• Experience with professional associations and skilled at working with individual members, volunteer leaders, and local affiliates.
• Accomplished at media placements and relationships with the press.
• Creativity and ability to think of new, effective avenues for marketing, publicity, and promotion
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment essential.
• Strong proof-reading skills and excellent eye for detail.
• Able to develop effective working relationships, strong interpersonal skills.
• Must work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent computer skills: knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, some design platforms and skills.
health insurance, vision, dental, PTO, 401k
To apply for the job please send a cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.