About The HOW Institute for Society
The arrival of the 21st Century has brought with it not only rapid changes, but a dramatic reshaping of how the world works. This reshaping is happening faster than we have yet been able to reshape our institutions, our leadership and ourselves. We need an organization dedicated to helping develop the necessary norms, practices, and behaviors that will help us adapt to this new era, where we all rise or fall together.
The HOW Institute for Society is that organization, with a mission to build and nurture a culture of moral leadership, principled decision-making and values-based behavior that enables individuals and institutions to meet the profound social, economic, and technological changes of the 21st Century to elevate humanity.
The HOW Institute for Society is seeking a Chief Program Officer to join our growing team. To succeed in our mission, we aim to achieve impact at scale by building and expanding of our programming based on the HOW frameworks and mission driven values. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, energetic, motivated, and collaborative leader who thinks strategically but is also comfortable driving execution and passionate about delivering results.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success as well as a deep resonance with the HOW philosophy and mission. They will have experience developing and introducing high-impact adult learning programs in any number of environments including academic, corporate or in an entrepreneurial endeavor. Demonstrated experience across a range of impact (from public engagement programs to programs with deep impact outcomes) as well as various delivery models (in-person, blended, virtual, synchronous, asynchronous, etc.) is preferred. Experience running and growing revenue generating adult learning programs is also desired.
The range of responsibility for this position will include:
· Improving our flagship high-impact NXT-GEN Fellowship for Moral Leadership whose audience is emerging leaders
· Conceptualizing and launching additional adult education programs to engage a wider audience in the journey of moral leadership
· Refining and formalizing moral leadership learning programs targeted at established senior leadership teams
· Participating in the programming of our Summit on Moral Leadership and other private and public convenings
· Developing our PAUSE tool into a broad-based public engagement program
· Working closely with our partnership team to develop programs that not only serve the needs of individual partners but that can be scaled across partners for larger impact
This position sits on the Senior Leadership team along with the Director of Research and Impact, Director of Content and Communications, Director of Community, Director of Partnerships and the Director of Operations. The role reports to the Executive Chairman, works closely with the Chairman’s Office and fellow Senior Leadership team members.
• Oversee and direct all activities related to planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of programming and initiatives.
• Develop new program offerings that support the Institute’s mission, deepen its impact and broaden its reach.
• Lead a team accountable for overall planning, implementation, and effectiveness of programming strategies and initiatives.
• Collaborate with other Senior Leadership team members to promote organization wide culture building and performance and contribute to strategy formation and refinement.
• Establish, direct, and maintain a learning management system that ensures effective programming outcomes.
• Ensure that coherent, aligned, and reinforcing programs provide value to and grow the stakeholder community.
• Manage all current programming partnerships and create engagement plans to grow participation and revenue over time.
• Develop, implement, and monitor the departmental budget.
• Ensure attainment of earned revenue goals to contribute to the Institute’s sustainability.
• Engage with the Institute’s stakeholder community to ensure robust and responsive feedback, improve customer journey, and enhance long-term relationships.
• Support innovation and program development with key insights from the stakeholder community and marketplace to create sustainable revenue streams.
• Ensure that program participant engagement and program initiatives reinforce the Institute’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Candidates who are strong fits for this role will have:
The salary range for this role is $175,000 to $250,000 with comprehensive health and other benefits.
To apply, please send a detailed cover letter addressing your interest in The HOW Institute and this role along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The HOW Institute embraces, honors, and celebrates our differences across race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical abilities, socio-economic class, and the other characteristics that construct our unique identities. Our ability to be an agent of change, and the quality of the decisions we make are all rooted in our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to create an environment in which all staff members can bring their full identity and experience to our work.