Jul 26, 2022
$45,000 - $60,000 yearly
NRG Consulting Group
Lowell, MA, USA
The Enterprise Organizing Program Manager will oversee a group of up to 10 young adults and facilitate curriculum and learning around topics such as "organizing", "grassroots movements", "youth-led organizing", "project management", and "fundraising". etc. The Organizing Program Manager will also oversee projects like the youth-led candidate forums, and community responses to violence, and will act as UTEC’s liaison to local and statewide coalitions like the Mayor’s Youth Council and more.
- Supervises a work crew of 8-10 young adults
- Provide direct supervision to individuals in the following positions:
- Ensure effective time management of all direct reports.
- Review and approve all timesheets and requests for time off
- Provide regular supervision through individual meetings with direct reports on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Provide direct reports with ongoing feedback on progress as well as any performance concerns
- Document any exceptional performance as well as any concerning behavior shared with HR
- Perform an annual written performance review with each direct report
- Identify areas for professional growth for all direct reports and align with any available resources at UTEC.
- Ensure that all staff can identify the impact of their role on agency-wide goals and metrics for success.
- Develop and implement curriculum for Level 1 and Level 2 Organizing to support young adult’s understanding and learning of organizing principles
- Support young adults in identifying community issues to address and create a plan of action
- Uphold UTEC’s Standards of Accountability and restorative practices to support young adults in growing social emotional and positive decision making skills
- Participate and support UTEC organizing and advocacy events such as speaking in support of policies and bills, attending site visits and speaking to legislature
- In partnership with Policy Coordinator, co-organize annual candidate forums
- Track and report attendance via weekly attendance
- Consistently log all data required by program and grants
- Report to grant and funders progress and barriers of Organizing program
- Participate in UTEC’s activities and celebrations such as Fresh Inspirations, Circle Up and House Meal
Required Skills/ Abilities:
- Project management
- Positive youth development
- Curriculum and agenda development
- Coaching and coachability
- The ability to laugh at one’s self is a must
- Ability to thrive and be productive in a high-energy and youthful environment
Education and Experience:
Two or more years of experience with positive youth development work, restorative justice youth work models; and lived experience relative to the young adults at UTEC is a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to travel as needed.
Advocacy/Social Action, Community/Capacity Building, Youth Development
Salary/Benefits: Salary range of $45,000- $60,000. Benefits include 401K retirement plan, health and dental (heavily subsidized), three weeks paid vacation to start (and an additional week off during the last week of the calendar year), plus paid holidays and extra sick/personal time, the opportunity for a paid sabbatical after three years, first-time homebuyers funding for those buying in the Merrimack Valley, free counseling for all staff, and unlimited free coffee courtesy of Cafe UTEC and more! Please see www.utecinc.org/jobs for more details.
If you have any questions, please contact Brenna at email@example.com