In collaboration with the CEO of UTEC and the Chief Development Officer, the Communications Manager has the responsibility for the development and implementation of a comprehensive advancement communications program and organizational media relations strategy that will continue to engage our external audience to advance UTEC missions and goals.
- Working closely with the Advancement team and UTEC Leadership, the manager will develop and execute a communications strategy that includes web, print, digital, and social media communications, supporting the UTEC Strategic Plan and Advancement goals.
- The successful candidate will ensure that all Advancement communications are aligned with the UTEC Strategic Plan and branding campaigns.
- Uses traditional print, online, social media, and rapidly evolving digital technologies to develop a multi-channel Advancement communications program that includes cases for support and fundraising collateral materials to present fundraising priorities of the Strategic Plan
- Supports the needs of front-line fundraisers in designing, writing, and producing fundraising and stewardship collateral materials such as proposals, cases for support, and donor impact reports
- Writes and creates communications that align with Advancement goals and collaborates and communicates regularly with all UTEC staff.
- Balances and prioritizes multiple requests and produces a wide variety of written materials on behalf of Advancement
- Reviews proofread and approve all Advancement communications to ensure the high quality and appropriateness of all content and messaging
- Primary responsibility is to ensure that our communication strategies and tactics are most efficiently utilized in support of UTEC’s goals and objectives.
- This individual will also be strategic in handling reactive inquiries from the press.
- Builds positive relationships with local government and/or business leaders and staff to inform about and engage in local initiatives, innovations, and discoveries that may be of interest to the press.
- Developing and implementing media relations strategies designed to strengthen the reputation of UTEC further.
- Aligning and prioritizing media relations strategy and tactics in the context of UTEC’s mission.
- Writing press releases, media advisories, opinion pieces, and letters to the editor on behalf of assigned hospitals and/or business units UTEC.
- Develop an outreach and engagement strategy with Businesses, Corporate, and other entities to raise philanthropic funds relating to the programs on behalf of UTEC
Salary: Salary range is $42,000- $60,000. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health, and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks of paid vacation, holiday and paid sick/personal time. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health, and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday and paid sick/personal time, the opportunity for a paid sabbatical after 3 years, first-time homebuyers funding, free counseling for all staff, and unlimited free coffee courtesy of Café UTEC! Please see www.utecinc.org/jobs for more details.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Brenna at email@example.com