Aug 09, 2022
$130,000 - $150,000 yearly
Washington D.C., DC, USA
National Women’s Health Network
Washington, D.C. Metro Area
About National Women’s Health Network
For nearly 50 years, the National Women’s Health Network (NWHN) has been a leading voice for women’s healthcare access and equity. We are consumer activists supported by a national membership of thousands of advocates. We shape policy and support consumer health decisions; monitor the actions of Federal regulatory and funding agencies, the healthcare industry, and the health professions; identify and expose health care abuses; and mobilize grassroots action for women’s health.
NWHN is seeking a visionary executive with successful experience leading a progressive advocacy or policy organization or campaign. The Executive Director will balance internal responsibilities – building a strong operational infrastructure, team, and culture – with external demands – engaging with our members, policymakers, funders, and the media. Our priority is to find a seasoned leader of people and teams, who brings high emotional intelligence and a collaborative style. They will have earned a reputation for building strong, trusted relationships with diverse stakeholders, from policymakers to activists to funders to the media and across every race, ethnicity, age, ability, socio-economic level, and sexual orientation. They will come with a creative, flexible, strategic, and solution-oriented mindset and be an exceptional listener and communicator.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in and a strong commitment to women’s health policy. However, we are open to considering candidates who can demonstrate a compelling commitment to our mission and a proven ability to climb a steep learning curve. Previous experience engaging with a Board of Directors, developing and implementing a strategic plan, and building effective funding partnerships are all essential ingredients of our ideal candidate. Finally, the top Executive Director candidate must demonstrate an authentic commitment to building a diverse, equitable, just, and inclusive organizational culture in which every staff member and volunteer is respected and valued.
- Vision and strategy: Lead NWHN’s strategic direction; collaborate with staff, Board, the member network, and other key stakeholders to set clear goals, align values, and achieve the NWHN’s mission
- Policy and advocacy expertise: Provide thought leadership on policies that improve access and equity in women’s healthcare; understand and effectively advocate on a broad range of issues
- Team leadership and culture: Provide leadership and professional development for individuals and teams across the organization; continue to develop a collaborative and inclusive culture
- Operations and financial management: Oversee the successful execution of NWHN’s day-to-day operations, including strong systems and policies to maximize organizational effectiveness and sound financial management, reporting, and compliance
- Relationship building: Build strong, trusted relationships with key stakeholders including staff, Board, network members, allied organizations, policymakers, and funders
- Resource development: Ensure NWHN achieves its annual fundraising goals through a successful multi-source funding strategy
- External Communications: Build and implement a robust communications strategy and serve as a passionate, persuasive advocate, representing the organization in a variety of media platforms
National Women's Health Network
- Proven ability to execute an organization’s strategic vision and successfully achieve its mission
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role, including management of an organization or department’s talent, operations, and finances
- Experience engaging in partnership with a Board of Directors
- Demonstrated expertise in women’s health, reproductive justice, consumer advocacy, and related issues
- Experience overseeing public policy and public affairs, experience in administrative advocacy, working with elected officials and policymakers
- Commitment to racial justice, racial equity, and anti-racism, with working knowledge on ways to deepen understanding in these areas with diverse stakeholders
- Proven track record working and collaborating with allied organizations and leading coalitions.
- Aptitude for building and cultivating strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Successful record of initiating relationships with and cultivating new funding sources
- Exceptional public speaking and written communication skills, including communicating effectively with various audiences, interacting with media, and media advocacy, including stakeholders and community and advocacy leaders
- High emotional intelligence, humility, and a commitment to personal and professional growth
- Ability to navigate complex and changing relationships and dynamics, particularly in membership or affiliate contexts
Healthcare/Public Health, Public Policy
NWHN offers a generous benefits package, including health insurance, flextime, sick and vacation time, parental leave, comprehensive life and disability insurance, and a retirement plan.
Please upload your resume and cover letter online here: https://leaderfit.catsone.com/careers/20424-General/jobs/15512048-Executive-Director-National-Womens-Health-Network/