Aug 11, 2022
$55,000 - $62,000 yearly
Mount Auburn Cemetery
Cambridge, MA, USA
Mount Auburn Cemetery is a National Historic Landmark situated near Boston on the border between the municipalities of Cambridge and Watertown, Massachusetts. Founded in 1831 and stretching over 175 acres, Mount Auburn is recognized as the nation’s first “rural, garden cemetery” and the inspiration during the 19th Century for the American Parks Movement. As an active cemetery, Mount Auburn inspires all who visit, comforts the bereaved, and commemorates the dead in a landscape of exceptional beauty. An accredited arboretum, Mount Auburn features 5,000 trees and more than 20,000 plants overall and has more than 200,000 people who visit the grounds annually.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Office of the President & CEO at Mount Auburn Cemetery is seeking an enthusiastic individual to utilize their talents in the role of Executive Assistant. Reporting to the President & CEO, this individual will be responsible for providing executive administrative support primarily for the President and Executive Team and for assisting the Board Relations Officer in support of the Trustees with on-site tasks as requested.
- Serves as primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies (e.g., staff, Trustees, donors, cemetery users, professional contacts); answers President’s office phone, greets guests and provides exemplary hospitality.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management for the President’s schedule, scheduling appointments, integrating with the President & CEO’s personal calendar, coordinating meeting and event logistics (e.g., virtual link dissemination, room reservations, refreshments, AV needs) all while troubleshooting conflicts; making judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Provides and fills “gatekeeper" role, facilitating smooth communication between the President & CEO and staff, collaborating and maintaining credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team.
- Prepares weekly calendar briefings which may include coordination of any necessary profiles of meeting attendees; solicits timely meeting and event briefing materials.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitates the President & CEO’s ability to lead the organization including the preparation and distribution of written communications for the executive: drafts, emails, memos, spreadsheets, and complex reports.
- Coordinates business travel and time out of the office in a proactive manner.
- Assists with Board meetings and events as needed, including the preparation and distribution of on-site Board meeting materials as well as food and logistical arrangements.
- Completes additional special projects, data management or analysis as needed by the President or Executive Team.
- Maintains the President’s Office Raiser’s Edge prospect contact information (Advancement database).
- Attends staff meetings, distributes action items post meeting for follow up as requested.
- Organizes monthly reporting of organizational accomplishments.
- Manages company-wide office/kitchen supply and equipment activities and related accounts.
- Coordinates staff event/meeting food, beverage and clean-up arrangements as needed.
Mount Auburn Cemetery
Qualifications and physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent.
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting executives with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in similar responsibilities, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Strong computer and typing skills required; specifically, experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Familiarity with a development donor base is desirable.
- A valid driver’s license.
- An open and honest communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative working skills, positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to move within a normal office environment, accessing all records and equipment with ease
Hours of Work:
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday to Friday. This is a hybrid work opportunity with occasional evenings and weekends as required.
Mount Auburn Cemetery believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization and is committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your career goals and objectives with a current resume, as Microsoft Word documents, and include “Executive Assistant” in the subject area, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to: Human Resources
Mount Auburn Cemetery
580 Mount Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.