Summary of Position:
MHC is seeking an energetic, creative and experienced team member to support our members and our advocacy efforts through program coordination, communications and administrative support. This role is well-suited for someone with an interest and passion for public policy and who wants to make a difference in the lives of older adults and people living with disabilities.
We are a small organization led by an engaged Board of Directors; you must be willing to roll up your sleeves and work. The Program Communications and Administrative Coordinator (or “Program Coordinator”) will work directly with our Executive Director and assist with the day-to-day smooth operations of the organization. As a dynamic and evolving nonprofit, we offer the opportunity to shape our future and grow with us.
The position is ideal for a detail-oriented, proactive individual who demonstrates confidence, takes initiative, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and can juggle multiple details and projects. This role requires timely and professional communication with Board members, government agencies, network partners, and the public. The Program Coordinator will be encouraged to handle increasing responsibility for these and other activities as appropriate.
This full-time (35 hour per week) position can be partially virtual (remote office) but will also require not only occasional in-office time but also participation at in-person meetings throughout Massachusetts on a regular basis. The primary work location for this position is Braintree, MA. Opportunity for remote work may follow initial 3-month onboarding and review period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage all administrative functions for meetings and events including:
● Work with Executive Director to plan, schedule and coordinate all meetings, seminars, conferences, trainings, and other events (limited statewide travel required)
● Manage registrations and meeting logistics including video meeting invitations and meeting space set-up and clean up
● Order supplies, food and beverage
● Take and distribute meeting minutes
● Design, develop, coordinate and distribute materials as needed
● Work with fiscal department to track and submit receipts and invoices
● Provide additional administrative, operational and technology support to Executive Director, Board, and Committee members as needed
Facilitate Communication with Members, Partners, and the Public
● Prepare and forward weekly news clippings and event email blasts to members
● Work with Committee to implement marketing campaign for organization
● Coordinate redesign and enhancement of association website and maintain not only this website and but also social media campaigns
● Organize, update, and maintain databases and association materials
● Assist with developing and distributing member surveys, reviewing results and writing reports
Manage Grant Activities
● Maintain communication between members and funders
● Distribute and collect grant reports from members
● Hold a “Best Practices” training session for members as needed
● Participate in meetings with and draft reports to funders
● Develop award recommendations for members
Assist with Policy and Advocacy Initiatives
● Research elder home care policy issues/initiatives at both the state and national levels
● Attend policy and partnership meetings
● Gather and summarize materials for members
● Assist with the drafting of fact sheets and emails
● Develop PowerPoints for meetings and presentations
● Draft and implement member surveys
Education and Qualifications:
Associate’s degree from an accredited institution required when combined with strong 3-4 years of experience; Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred with 2-3 years of experience in public policy, human services or healthcare strongly encouraged to apply
We offer an excellent benefit package, including options for medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K retirement plan, generous paid time off (holidays, personal time and vacation) and many more!
Please submit resume and well-written cover letter with salary expectations and reasons for interest in this work to firstname.lastname@example.org.