Aug 13, 2022
Remote (New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania)
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging
The InReach Junior Board is a group of young professionals committed to supporting InReach’s critical work through fundraising, networking and marketing. Our goal is to build a national movement and mobilize thousands of young professionals across the United States to serve as ambassadors in their communities for the free InReach App, the world’s first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people with safe, verified resources.
The InReach Junior Board Program is open to young professionals (ages 21 to 40) in the United States. The 2023 Junior Board will use a hybrid model of virtual programming, with in-person regional meet-ups throughout the year. Join young professionals from PwC, Meta, EY-Parthenon, Deloitte, Accenture, Dow Jones and more!
2023 Junior Board members will choose from 5 chapters:
Tri-State Area Regional Chapter – open to young professionals living in New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania
Great Lakes Regional Chapter – open to young professionals living in Illinois, Michigan, or Indiana
West Coast Regional Chapter – open to young professionals living in San Francisco or Silicon Valley, California
National Capital Regional Chapter – open to young professionals living in Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland, or West Virginia
Virtual Chapter – this chapter is open to young professionals living anywhere in the United States and offers a 100% remote option
Time Commitment: Our Junior Board members commit ~3-5 hours per month to InReach.
Membership Dues Requirement: Our Junior Board Members pledge to fulfill a $1,000 in annual membership dues. See our membership dues handout to learn more about our Junior Board annual membership dues requirement.
- Open to young professionals ages 21 to 40 years old
- Currently living in the United States (see the regional chapter options above for 2023)
- Available to attend remote monthly meetings via Zoom
- *All Junior Board members are required to attend at least six of the remote monthly general membership meetings
- Passionate about LGBTQ+, trans and refugee rights, and technology for social good
Human Services, Science/Technology, Social Justice
- Build your professional network: Opportunity to join a diverse online coalition of peers located across the United States who are passionate about LGBTQ+ rights, immigrant justice and belonging, and leveraging the power of technology for social good via remote general membership monthly meetings, special interest committee collaboration, and social events throughout the year.
- Accelerate your professional & knowledge development: Gain access to distinguished guest speakers on relevant topics such as LGBTQ+ rights, U.S. immigration law and policy, diversity, equity and inclusion in business, use cases of technology for social justice & more. And hone your professional skills – including fundraising, recruiting/interviewing, digital marketing, coding, event planning and project management – by joining one of our Junior Board’s 7 special interest committees.
- Receive recognition for your service: Names, job titles and employers, and pictures listed on InReach’s website and Junior Board marketing materials.
- Make a meaningful difference: Help attract the financial and in-kind resources necessary to advance the InReach App, the world’s first tech platform matching LGBTQ+ people with safe, verified resources.
To apply, please submit our online application. Our 2023 Junior Board Program priority application deadline is November 1st, 2022.