Aug 13, 2022
$55,000 - $62,000 yearly
We're searching for an experienced fundraiser to join our remote team as our new full-time Development Director. In this essential position, you will lead all of InReach's fundraising efforts, including individual gifts, major gifts, private and public grants, corporate donations, special events, and earned revenue. In this role, you will partner closely with our Executive Director and governing Board of Directors to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of InReach.
This is a rare opportunity to help attract the resources necessary to take an innovative, up-and-coming tech nonprofit organization to the next level.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender, and non-binary people to apply. InReach is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ+ people, to join our team.
- Report to the Executive Director.
- Lead the effort to identify all possible sources of funding for InReach.
- Partner with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors on the creation and implementation of a comprehensive multi-channel annual fundraising plan.
- Manage fundraising part-time staff, volunteers and interns as needed.
- Attend board development meetings as needed.
- Lead donor prospect research and cultivate a portfolio of priority donor relationships.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Refine and grow the Annual Giving Club program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gifts.
- Coordinate an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of donors.
Public & Private Grants
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Implement earned revenue sources to help ensure the long-term financial sustainability of InReach.
- Spearhead online and in-person fundraisers and special events.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about InReach with potential donors and sponsors.
- Perform other development-related duties as requested.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
- Experience successfully cultivating and soliciting individual gifts and major gifts.
- Experience securing and managing corporate partnerships/gifts.
- Experience writing and overseeing the process for successful grant proposals.
- Deep commitment to and passion for LGBTQ+ rights.
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking and grant writing skills.
- 4-6 years of nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Comfortable working remotely and using online communication tools (G Suite, Slack, Zoom, Asana).
- Excited to make a minimum 2-year commitment to this role.
Human Services, Science/Technology, Social Justice
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The non-negotiable salary range for this position is $55,000 to $62,000 per year. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), 3 weeks paid vacation, and all federal holidays. The desired start date for this position is ASAP.
*Note on salary: The salary range is based on our organization's current size and funding. We plan to gradually raise the salary cap on all roles as we secure more funding.
Please submit our online application for consideration. We are accepting applications for this position on a rolling basis. We will reach out to schedule interviews with qualified candidates until the position is filled. Please no emails or phone calls.