DOROT, was founded in 1976 by recent graduates of Columbia University seeking to make a difference for older adults in their community. We provide a dynamic partnership of seniors, volunteers and professionals dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults to help them live independently as valued members of the community. Our wide array of programs – conducted onsite, in the home and in the community – are designed to combat loneliness and social isolation. During the pandemic, DOROT’s programs have pivoted to offering services virtually, via Zoom and over the phone. Compassionate care and a commitment to excellence are hallmarks of our programs and staff.
DOROT’s client’s range in age from 60 to over 100, vary in physical mobility and economic status, and come from diverse backgrounds. DOROT serves the Jewish and wider community and offers a lifeline of support to older adults in Manhattan and Westchester and beyond.
DOROT is an innovative leader in mobilizing volunteers of all ages to improve the lives and health of older adults and address the challenges of an aging society. We bring the generations together in mutually beneficial partnership, engaging over 6,000 volunteers a year in meaningful and impactful programming.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Chief People & Culture Officer is a new position working out of the organization’s offices on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and reports to the Executive Director.
As Chief People & Culture Officer, you are responsible for spearheading the development and overall management of DOROT’s human resources strategy. The CPCO will provide leadership and strategic visioning of human resources operations, talent acquisition, staff training, career development, compensation and benefits, diversity, equity and inclusion, HR compliance, and employee relations. As a member of the Executive and Senior Management Teams, you will work closely with the senior leadership team to strengthen the organizational culture of a growing and dynamic organization that currently has 85 staff members located in New York City and Westchester.
There are currently two direct reports. You will build and lead a team of problem-solvers who are committed to ensuring every employee receives the human resources services and support they need so they can focus on executing DOROT’s mission. You are a passionate, thoughtful leader who is mission-oriented, self-driven and has the ability to develop team members and put critical support systems into place. You have a high-level of personal accountability and can balance competing priorities at once, while bringing joy to the work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Chief People & Culture Officer is responsible for the following areas:
Team Leadership & Vision
- Serves as a strategic thought leader for the organization and oversees every aspect of the employee experience at DOROT.
- Establishes, and implements the vision for the human resources function at DOROT.
- Leads the team to ensure a culture of high performance, providing excellent staff support, with continual improvement. Set and monitor metrics for efficiency and quality of human resources service delivery.
- Expands on the foundation of work already put into place in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion, and creates the overall future goals and strategies addressing DEI.
- Actively engages with employees across the organization to promote a culture of positive organizational cohesion and constructive employee relations, including employee engagement and recognition. Oversees all professional development and organizational training initiatives, such as, DEI, management supervision, and sexual harassment.
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding
- Develops and refines the talent acquisition strategy at DOROT ensuring the organization is attracting and retaining top personnel.
- Oversees all recruitment, onboarding, retention, and leadership development.
- Manages personnel changes and succession planning.
- Creates seamless operations that ensures programs, policies, and services meet the needs of staff and are in compliance with all legal, government, and benefits reporting requirements.
Compensation, Benefits and Leave Administration
- Develops and implements a comprehensive compensation strategy for the organization.
- Oversees the administration and compliance of DOROT’s health and welfare benefits.
- Negotiates contracts with carriers and vendors, and manages the collaborative, productive relationship(s) with benefits brokers.
- Oversees the administration and compliance of leaves of absences and worker’s compensation.
- Designs and implements systems to ensure the proper administration of all leaves of absence including FMLA, NYPFL, disability, and unpaid leave.
Operations & Compliance
- Ensures that DOROT is in compliance with federal/state labor laws, training, health clearance, various reporting requirements.
- Partners with the Finance Department to ensure timely and accurate implementation of payroll, retirement plans and benefits administration.
- Continuous improvement of the HRIS system (ADP Workforce Now) to automate HR processes, increase employee self-service, and ensure accurate employee data and timely reports for payroll processing and compliance reporting.
WHO YOU ARE
- You want to make an impact and bring about change. You understand what it means to be both a thoughtful and strategic planner while balancing the ability to translate that plan into concrete results - you are ambitious and work to align human capital systems to support the organization where it is today and plan for tomorrow, whether it’s on your own, or through staff, consultants, or partners. Your experience, transparency, and organization allow you to make meaningful change, always with support and input from the rest of the HR team and organization.
- You are service-oriented. You have a service mindset. You have had experience with customer service in the past, whether in a professional setting or a volunteer capacity. You have built up a skill set in addressing people’s needs and asks and managing expectations as well as timelines. You are known for your “can-do” attitude and for always being graciously helpful.
- You are detail oriented. Tracking details and keeping things moving forward are high priorities for you. You are a problem solver who connects the dots between what is promised and what needs to be delivered and who helps people get things done on time and on budget.
- You are a strong, intentional relationship builder and collaborative teammate. You thrive on bringing different stakeholders together around a common goal. You seek to understand different contributors’ motivations and enjoy finding creative ways of meeting multiple objectives. You build and shape relationships based on trust and mutual respect. You have time-tested strategies in your toolkit to support effective decision-making processes related to human resources work and have developed proven internal management systems that drive consistent results.
DOROT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing for employment or advancement without discrimination because of race, color, religion creed, political association, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, pregnancy, handicap disability, genetic, genetic characteristics, or other protected status.
WHY WORK WITH US
At DOROT, we believe that the power of connection can be transformative. Working with us means that you will:
- Experience professional growth. DOROT is financially strong and in a growth mode; an organization where you can help build the future and make a difference.
- Have access to health care when you need it most. Whether it be medical, vision, dental, disability or life insurance, we have got you covered and offer a bevy of benefits to ensure that you and your family are taken care of during these uncertain times.
- Enjoy generous time off. With just over 1 months’ time off each year to spend it how you like thanks to a generous PTO policy in addition to time off for federal and Jewish holidays.
- Receive support to plan for your future. We offer a 403(b) contribution of 3% after your first two years with us with the opportunity for increasing contributions as you stay with us over time.
- A competitive compensation package. The salary range for this position is between $175,000-$190,000 and is based on experience.
To apply, follow the link to complete an application.