NAPAWF is the only organization focused on building power with AAPI women and girls to influence critical decisions that affect our lives, our families and our communities. Using a reproductive justice framework, we elevate AAPI women and girls to impact policy and drive systemic change in the United States.
NAPAWF was founded in 1996 to realize the vision of 100 AAPI women who recognized the need for an organization that would amplify AAPI women’s stories and experiences. Being seen and heard in the public narrative gives us the power to shape the policy and cultural change needed to gain agency over our lives, families, and communities.
Today, we are mobilizing and building power in cities across the United States to create social, political, and economic change for AAPI women and girls. We also show up in solidarity for other women of color who are experiencing injustice and harms of oppression and marginalization.
Our work is focused in the following strategies:
● Policy and Structural Change
● Organizing and Civic Engagement
● Legal Advocacy and Judicial Strategy
We use the Reproductive Justice lens to intersectionally address three core issues:
● Reproductive Rights and Health
● Economic Justice
● Immigration and Racial Justice
NAPAWF is seeking a talented, motivated, and passionate professional to join our team as Executive Assistant to the Executive Office. Reporting to the ED and Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant is someone who demonstrates the ability to anticipate needs and changes, whose writing and attention to detail is superb, has strong project management skills, and can work cross functionally while balancing many different projects. The Executive Assistant will also coordinate board meetings and be a trusted confidant with board matters.
Calendar Management and Scheduling
• Ensure the Executive Director’s time is maximized and aligned with the organization’s priorities by seamlessly handling their calendar, arranging meetings, and coordinating all details of travel and creating comprehensive travel itineraries.
• Manage and facilitate the Executive Director’s briefing process by monitoring their calendar and working with staff and stakeholders on meeting preparation.
• Support the Executive Director and Chief of Staff in planning board meetings by assisting with logistical support, preparing board books, and troubleshooting urgent matters.
• Provide management assistance to the Chief of Staff, including project planning and execution, preparation for meetings, agenda setting and coordination, follow-up activities, and overseeing calendar, travel schedule and management of expense reports.
• Assist the team in drafting, editing, formatting and proofreading memos, presentations, correspondence and other materials.
• Improve current operations and processes efficiently and allocate resources and time (continuous process improvement).
• Other duties as requested to meet department and organizational needs.
• Schedules board meetings and preparation for board meetings.
• Works with departments and Chief of Staff to produce board materials and disseminates board packages to the 12-person board of directors.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary for this position is $60,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience. A highly competitive benefits package includes a 401k plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance. NAPAWF's medical plan is covered by NAPAWF at 100% for employee and qualified dependents with no out of pocket costs, including prescription drugs costs.. NAPAWF also offers full-time employees 15 days of vacation in the first year, sick leave, flexible spending program options and personal/family leave as well as paid vacation between December 25th and January 2nd of each year.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and REQUIREMENTS
This position is based in an office setting and requires regularly being able to sit or stand and perform computer based work, occasional lifting and travel may be required.
NAPAWF is committed to public health, and to the safety and well being of our colleagues and visitors. As such we have adopted a policy requiring all employees to receive all recommended COVID-19 vaccines and boosters or to apply for and receive an exemption.
NAPAWF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, and multi-task with minimum supervision in a fast paced and demanding environment. Able to successfully work under ambiguity and rapid change.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage up and across. Detail oriented and flexible with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Intermediate or advanced experience with MS Suite and shared workspace platforms (Google).
• Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion, as a member of a dynamic team.
• Able to effectively manage difficult or sensitive situations. Courteous and professional manner and ability to maintain a calm and professional manner under pressure and with constantly shifting priorities.
• Multicultural sensitivity, with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.