Sep 12, 2022
$74,450 - $79,950 yearly
Remote (Seattle, WA, USA)
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Status: Exempt, Full Time
Location: 700 Virginia St. Seattle, WA.
**Due to COVID-19 this role is currently working on a hybrid schedule of remote and on-site work. Once FareStart’s office fully reopens, this role will have regular onsite responsibilities at all FareStart locations. **
FareStart is a nonprofit organization in Seattle, Washington that transforms lives, disrupts poverty, and nourishes communities through food, life skills, and job training. We help people overcome employment barriers by teaching them work and life skills they need to succeed in the food-based jobs — and in life.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, FareStart has provided millions of meals to organizations across the Seattle area that serve youth, adults, and families who are low-income or experiencing food insecurity.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the Training & Development Manager, you will provide leadership and guidance on training and development, performance management, and employee recognition programs and initiatives. You will identify program needs, develop, implement, and drive sustainable initiatives; are responsible for developing and managing comprehensive communications for each program; drive best practices in training, performance, and employee recognition to meet FareStart’s mission and goals. This position reports to the People & Culture Director.
- Evaluate training needs to create new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Design, coordinate, and present organization-wide training and staff development programs using a variety of instructional techniques or formats.
- Develop and distribute training manuals, guides, and educational materials.
- Conduct presentations for new employee orientation.
- Develop and administer the performance management program.
- Administer and manage the learning management system.
- Administer the employee recognition programs and other mission-focused employee events.
- Conduct trainings for each program.
- Analyze metrics and evaluate program effectiveness and return on investment (ROI); create reports and make recommendations for improvements.
- Research, recommend, and maintain vendor relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administrations, human resources, management, education, or relevant field and five (5) or more years of experience in Training and Development; and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HR and Organizational Compliance Training.
- Working knowledge of DEI learning and development for organizations.
- Experience working with different stakeholders across an organization to centralize training.
- Experience building a Training & Development program from the ground up.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating performance management systems.
- Experience developing and implementing employee recognition programs.
- Ability to listen, give and receive feedback in a productive and professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt communication based on audience and purpose with inclusivity. Ability to disseminate information effectively to appropriate levels.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and requests and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Ability to evaluate problems and effectively solve them in a timely manner. Ability to respond to concerns with empathy and inclusivity.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities, work with others, and coach employees to develop their full potential. Provide helpful, behaviorally specific feedback to others. Regularly meet with employees to review their development progress and express confidence in their abilities to be successful. Engage in open and honest communication.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc.).
- Project Management Experience
COVID-19 CONSIDERATION: FareStart requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Paid time-off (3 weeks first year of employment) and paid holidays
- 401(k) savings plan
- Health, disability, and life insurance
- Free ORCA pass
- Free Shift Meal
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of our mission to disrupt poverty.
- Join a supportive, respectful, and celebratory community among our staff, students, board, and volunteers
- Organizational commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- FareStart encourages the personal and professional growth of its employees
For information on FareStart, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at: www.farestart.org/about
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
FareStart is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, diverse organization. To fulfill our mission, vision and values we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
Our Commitment To Anti-Racism
FareStart defines antiracism as the clear acknowledgment that racism permeates organizations, communities, and industries, including our own. We recognize that we have a duty to be vigilant in addressing and confronting racism in how we make decisions, show up in our communities, build business practices and policies, and engage in intentional partnerships and philanthropic endeavors to fulfill our mission and vision.
Apply Here: https://hrbrg.co/uyvrr8