Sep 19, 2022
$80,000 - $90,000 yearly
PICO California is currently seeking a Communications Manager to join our team. The Communications Manager will oversee a broad and varied set of communications projects and needs that will supplement a robust statewide organizing, campaign, and narrative effort.
What You’ll Be Doing:
This is an exciting new role; the Communications Manager will write and edit content for various channels, oversee the organization’s social media presence, and work with the team to identify opportunities to increase visibility and impact.
More specifically, the Communications Manager will:
- Own the external communications collateral, including emails, social media, and other platforms.
- Build successful relationships with federation communicators and manage external contractors.
- Execute collateral and amplify PICO CA’s reach and impact through social media and external content.
- Work with the Data and Research Director to support all voter engagement data needs required for year-round voter engagement efforts. This will include universe creation, phone bank and canvass creation, and list monitoring.
- Oversee all aspects of projects: set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor, and summarize progress of projects, and prepare reports for the Communications Director and Senior Leadership Team regarding the status of projects.
- Work with organizers, leaders, stakeholders, and production specialists (i.e., graphic designers, videographers, photographers, etc.) to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
- Coordinate with marketing, development, and technology teams to ensure messages and materials are aligned with the overall strategy
- Create social media content and manage social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube, as well as monitor our social media posts, stories and tweets.
- Conduct regular social scanning for relevant material and trending hashtags, ongoing engagement within the progressive ecosystem, and coalition partner’s accounts.
- Develop reporting dashboard/analytics of social media performance and strategic recommendations based on performance data and best practices presented weekly to Communications Director, Political Communications, and Data & Digital Organizing Manager.
Who You Are: While no one person will embody all of the qualities described below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Connects with and believes in PICO California’s mission.
- Willingness to fully contribute to PICO California’s equity and inclusion practices and a strong commitment to racial and economic justice.
- At least three-five years of experience in a similar role within a non-profit setting, social justice, multi-faith organization or related field.
- One to two years of experience in election cycles implementing digital outreach strategies, including peer-to-peer texting, relational outreach, and legislative contact.
- Demonstrated experience being able to take data and tell a story with the information, showcasing impact.
- Familiar with the landscape of faith-based organizing and political spaces with experience in and around the field.
- Experience managing multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Buffer, and Buffer Analyze) and email management tools (such as Action Network, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.).
- Excellent project management experience with the ability to develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress using Monday.com or an equivalent project management tool.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can pivot while also meeting deadlines and producing high-quality results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start date.
Advocacy/Social Action, Community/Capacity Building, Social Justice
Compensation & Benefits:
Our benefits include:
- An innovative and collaborative culture
- A remote and/or hybrid role
- 100% Paid Employee Only-Health, vision, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Generous paid time off & parental leave
- A full-time, exempt position starting as soon as possible.
- Salary range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000.
- This position reports directly to the Communications Director
PICO California provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PICO California complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
(must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job)
While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, lift up to 20 lbs., speak, and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time. Requires the ability to traverse, survey, and evaluate external and internal spaces within the property. Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings. Requires the ability to travel regionally and periodically nationally, on behalf of Faith in Action. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All applicants must apply for this position online via organizingcareers.org. Please click here to apply. Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format)
- Provide a writing sample that could include a press release, phone banking scripts, communication email, or related communication.
- Answer screening questions: Could you describe your experience in overseeing digital communication campaigns?