The Deschutes Land Trust is seeking an experienced Volunteer Program Manger to join its dedicated team!
Who We Are:
The Deschutes Land Trust conserves and cares for the lands and waters that sustain Central Oregon, so local communities and the natural world can flourish together for generations to come. Since 1995, the Land Trust has protected more than 17,500 acres throughout Central Oregon for future generations. We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and are committed to building a conservation community with diverse backgrounds, cultures, and life experiences. For more information about us, visit deschuteslandtrust.org
What You’ll Do:
The Volunteer Program Manger recruits, engages, builds, and retains the Land Trust’s corps of volunteers to help meet the mission of the organization. The Volunteer Program Manager will work with staff to build capacity of existing and future programming through effective volunteer engagement. The Volunteer Program Manager reports to the Outreach Director, but works collaboratively with all Land Trust Staff and Board Members to build support for the Land Trust.
· Design and implement a plan to recruit and retain volunteers to meet the objectives outlined in the Land Trust’s strategic plan and community engagement plan.
· Build relationships with volunteers, crew leaders and partners including periodically attending work parties, meetings, and events.
· Manage current volunteer programs for the organization. This includes but is not limited to: Walk + Hike program with volunteer naturalists and shepherds, Trail Stewards, Trail Ambassadors, Weed Warriors, Bird Surveyors, and Photographers.
· Work with staff to develop new volunteer programs and projects that meet the needs of the organization and increase our overall capacity.
· Recruit, screen, and match volunteers to effectively meet the needs of current and new Land Trust programs, events, or projects.
· Train, manage, and evaluate volunteers to effectively meet the needs of current and new Land Trust programs, events, or projects. This includes creating a consistent volunteer experience across the organization, and designing trainings to build volunteering capacity.
· Identify, track, and share program results (including stories and photos) for internal and external reporting, volunteer recruitment and engagement, and overall Land Trust communications.
· Care for and recognize volunteers to ensure they feel they feel meaningfully engaged and fulfilled and so that they stay with the organization.
· Actively work to build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive volunteer community including evaluating current practices, identifying ways to reduce barriers to volunteering and helping to build skills and awareness among staff and crew leaders.
· Work with the Outreach Director and Outreach team to define, implement, and track goals for the Land Trust’s overarching community engagement plan.
· Build relationships with communities and partners throughout Central Oregon to grow and diversify our supporter base (including volunteers) and meet the needs of the organization.
· Design, execute, and attend community engagement activities and events. This includes establishing and coordinating systems for efficiency and economies of scale for events/activities from inception to completion to follow up.
What you Need:
Also helpful, but not required:
What we offer:
The Deschutes Land Trust offers competitive salary and benefits to full-time staff. This includes health insurance, a 403B retirement plan with matched contributions, volunteer time off, 20 paid days off annually to start, and 10 paid holidays annually. The Land Trust offers a flexible work location where employees may work in the office or remotely depending on the requirements of the position.
The Deschutes Land Trust is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, religion, ability, or national origin. More Information: www.deschuteslandtrust.org
How to Apply:
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed starting on October 3, 2022. Your application should include the following:
· Cover letter describing your qualifications for and interest in the position.
· References (We will contact your references only after you have given us permission.)
Please send your application as an attachment to: email@example.com with the words “Volunteer Program Manager” in the subject line.
Please contact Pat Cohen, at the email above if you need an accommodation. All inquiries will be handled confidentially. We will acknowledge receipt of your application via return email and contact you as we proceed further into the recruitment and selection process.
People of color and others from historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. For a complete job description and more information about us, visit www.deschuteslandtrust.org/careers. We appreciate your interest in the Deschutes Land Trust!