Vice President, Talent
Location: Flexible within the United States
Travel: Up to 4 times a year
Position available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partners. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
We are seeking a strategic, equity- and people-driven Vice President, Talent to ensure all talent initiatives, processes, and policies work in direct support of ANet's goal to be a diverse, inclusive, and anti-racist organization as we accelerate organizational effectiveness and impact. This individual will set an org-wide talent vision and provide strategic support to all functional talent areas, including human resources & people operations, talent development, and talent acquisition. They will lead a Talent Team that works in strong partnership with others and that serves as a model of engagement and culture for the organization.
Reporting to the Chief Operational and Financial Officer, a successful Vice President, Talent will use data, engage collaboratively with key stakeholders, and act as a change agent to ensure ANet's talent strategies produce effective and equitable outcomes. They will foster a culture at ANet where staff members feel heard, valued, and that they can thrive. Overall, the talent systems they build and manage will be sustainable and scalable so that ANet is staffed, trained, and resourced to execute on our mission.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Serve as ANet's organizational leader of talent-related strategy and initiatives
· Create and execute on a multi-year talent strategy that supports ANet's mission, growth goals, financial sustainability, and commitment to equity and anti-racism
· Serve as an advisor to ANet's senior leadership team while setting a vision for excellence across all talent practices and investing senior leaders in talent planning processes
· Refine and implement a compensation philosophy, structure, and practices that are transparent, equitable, competitive and sustainable
· Create, invest and train others, and execute compensation practices such as job leveling, range placement, performance based bonuses, and annual salary increases that work within the organizational budget and support long term organizational goals
· Evaluate effectiveness of, recommend changes to, and oversee use of multiple talent systems and platforms including, but not limited to, Insperity, Jobvite, SparkHire, and CultureAmp
· Lead org-wide annual workforce planning processes and develop succession planning frameworks in close collaboration with the Financial Planning & Analysis team, and with execution support from, functional area leaders
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
· You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
· You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet's Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
· You have developed and led a cohesive talent strategy, including building and managing systems, policies, and practices with an eye for how they advance equity.
· You have experience leading and managing other managers across talent development, recruitment and/or human resources departments, with particular comfort in anticipating and coordinating workforce development trends and approaches in line with our values which address HR risk. You have previously worked in the talent function for a scaling or mid-size organization with 250+ staff members.
· You demonstrate strong vision and strategic thinking with the ability to connect selection, engagement, training, and development of people with organizational goals and outcomes.
· You are an exceptional listener who is skilled at cross-functional collaboration and building strong relationships across diverse leadership styles. You have experience managing processes through others remotely and/or across multiple sites.
· You are a bold thinker who is not afraid to build out new strategies and systems from scratch while also identifying opportunities to improve existing ones.
· You have experience with training and supporting leaders on HR and talent practices, helping them to navigate complex people and HR matters, and in coming up with creative solutions to difficult situations together.
· You lead with a data-driven approach toward achieving outcomes and generating insights that inform talent strategy, including experience managing your own team's budget while supporting others in using their resources effectively to meet team and org goals.
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
· You have SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification, or equivalent HR functional experience.
· You bring experience and knowledge of up-to-date best practices across different Talent/HR contexts, preferably with experience in the nonprofit or mission-driven sector as well as the for-profit sector.
WHAT WE OFFER
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times Best Nonprofits to Work For and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
We offer comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: medical, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including 10 paid holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; paid parental leave; educational expenses reimbursements; flexible spending accounts; professional development; a 401(k) plan with a 4% match; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance. We also offer an inclusive environment where we welcome you to bring your whole self to work every day.
The salary range for this position is $142,500-$237,500. New staff members typically start between the range minimum and midpoint based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In order to uphold our commitment to equity, ANet does not negotiate pay.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your application online.
· Collaborate closely with the Office of the CEO to ensure ANet's core values and anti-racist priorities are integrated org-wide through all talent frameworks, systems, practices and policies
· Annually review and recommend revisions to ANet's Total Value Proposition including all benefits options, flexibility, professional development, and compensation, to position ANet as an employer of choice for top caliber talent
· Cultivate authentic relationships with internal stakeholders and serve as a strategic mentor in navigating talent-related challenges
Serve as leader of the Talent Team
· Motivate, support and provide strategic guidance to a team of talent professionals, elevating their lines of sight to maintain effective leadership and execution of their respective areas of purview
· Cultivate strong cross-functional collaboration and communication among talent team members and teams across the organization through the facilitation of effective cross-team engagements and sustainable workflow systems
· Ensure the ongoing engagement and growth of all direct reports through consistent performance management and professional development strategies, including regular 1:1 check-ins, consistent performance reviews and growth/stretch experiences
· Provide quarterly talent updates for senior leaders and for the Board of Directors with high level data and analysis across all talent functions to facilitate transparency, shared ownership, and to inform organizational decision making
· Manage Talent budget including paying invoices, monthly review of actuals to budget, and annual review of and request for personnel and non-personnel expenses
Ensure execution of a high-impact vision for talent at ANet
· Human Resources & People Operations
o Manage and support the Director, HR to review, revise, and implement HR policies, practices, benefits, and systems that work at both the organizational and individual level
o Provide proactive and reactive information and support to ensure an inclusive, equitable, and legally compliant experience for all ANetters. Elevate trends and risks alongside recommendations to senior leaders to continually improve our People practices
o Partner with Director, HR and General Counsel to evaluate and resolve high stakes employee relations situations
o Coach Director, HR, to ensure accurate, efficient, and values aligned work of HR Manager (payroll, benefits, communication) and Talent Analyst (data, systems)
· Professional development and performance management systems
o Manage and support the Director, Talent Development to lead enterprise wide performance management processes, tools, and resources for effective goal setting and middle and end of year reviews
o Provide guidance and oversight of People Manager trainings and development to increase the impact and equity of management throughout the organization
· Talent Acquisition
o Manage and support the Director, Talent Acquisition to oversee recruitment and hiring so that ANet attracts and hires strong, diverse talent and meets aggressive hiring targets
o Coach Director, Talent Acquisition to ensure development of a Talent Acquisition Manager team and hiring manager training to execute a consistent, efficient, and equitable selection process
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
ANet has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons prior to commencement of employment unless applicable state or local law provides otherwise.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.