Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multiservice, community-based organization serving New York City with a focus on western Queens — an area that is home to a uniquely diverse, predominately immigrant population and many low-income families. Established as a small senior center in 1974, SCS began offering licensed home care services in 1979 and introduced youth services in 1983. Today we provide a full range of human services to 16,000 individuals each year including children, youth, adults, and seniors. Our mission is to provide a continuum of vital services and activities that enrich the lives of individuals of all ages.
SCS has undergone significant programmatic growth over the last several years that has strengthened our ability to provide an integrated continuum of services that meet a broad range of needs. We are currently implementing a strategic plan that identifies program quality and the ability to measure outcomes as a key area of investment. This growth and new opportunities on the horizon present an opportune time to join SCS.
The Director of Program Evaluation and Impact provides high-level leadership and oversight to SCS’ youth, adult, and senior programs in areas related to outcomes measurement and evaluation design. They will work in close collaboration with the SCS senior management team, and program directors across our continuum of services. The individual in this role will supervise the Data and Evaluation Manager and will report to the Associate Executive Director of Development.
The Director will undertake an environmental review of our programs to assess and evaluate our agency’s impact, identify areas for improvement, and examine trends related to our programming that will better inform how we will develop services. Through this work, the Director will create new organizational tools, protocols, and best practices related to SCS’ program and impact evaluation. This will ultimately help us modify existing programs and guide data-driven program decisions. Furthermore, it will help us realize our vision for newer initiatives in line with sustainable growth and continued responsiveness to the people we serve, and our longevity in the community.
· Lead SCS’s approach to outcomes measurement, fostering real-time, ongoing learning opportunities for continuous improvement, application of best practices, and commitment to excellence.
· Develop Theory of Change and Logic Models for programs. Lead all efforts in the continued design and management of our internal performance measurement work. (We currently use Salesforce, as well as external funder databases.)
· Work closely with the Data and Evaluation Manager to ensure that data system design is aligned with target outcomes.
· Use both qualitative and quantitative data to assess outcomes from programs to inform planning, decision-making, and capacity-building efforts.
· Collaborate with program staff to set evaluation outcome goals. Analyze all indicators and outcomes to help the leadership team make appropriate strategic and programmatic decisions.
· In concert with SCS’ program teams, develop the strongest practical approaches to program monitoring, evaluation, and learning that fit the unique needs of each program strategy.
· Support a results-oriented culture, communicating with staff across the organization on how impact evaluation helps ensure a coordinated and multifaceted team-based approach for analyzing and tracking impact.
· Collaborate with SCS staff and principals of our school-based sites to ensure our outcomes framework coordinates and reinforces school-day learning.
· Implement other necessary evaluation methods as appropriate (e.g., focus groups, surveys, school data analysis, etc.).
· Develop partnerships with external evaluators and other organizations to advance our evaluation capacities.
· Translate and disseminate evaluation results to help shift program discussions based on promising and best practices.
· Conduct research and analysis of issues as requested, including preparation of reports, sections of grant proposals, and public presentations.
· Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
· 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
· Flexible spending account and transit check
· Employee Assistance Program
· 20 vacation days per year
· 6 personal/floating days
· 10 paid holidays per year
· 1 paid sick day per month
· Life insurance
· Long-term disability
· Current hybrid model of three days onsite and two days working from home
Salary: $80,000 to $85,000
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “Director of Outcomes and Program Evaluation” in the email subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Employer