The Assistant Director, Operations ensures that the Operations Division’s systems/processes conform to best practices while supporting the Organization’s business functions, with a focus on fundraising. The AD is tasked with identifying, designing, and implementing process innovations to promote efficiency and standardization in the Division’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Liaise with the Organization’s divisions/departments to assess the operational impact of any planned new programing; ensure Operations has a pro-active role in planning.
- Review Operational systems/processes supporting Philanthropy’s fundraising efforts and recommend improvements. These include: Major Gifts, Annual Gifts, Tax Receipting, Grassroots, Yahrzeits, Tributes (IHO/IMO), and Certificates.
- Manage and recommend improvements to key Philanthropy-related reports including Unit Naming Opportunities (UNO) for the 360 Campaign, Major Gift Officer (MGO) fundraising status reports, department expense reports, and the Donor Acknowledgment section of the Annual Report.
- Review the effect of and opportunities created by any new systems and applications on current processes and recommend adjustments to current processes accordingly.
- Recommend/document enhancements to the key business processes above to introduce standardizations and reduce customized processing.
- In cooperation with the CoE, evaluate customer inquiries to recognize consistent issues and recommend process improvements for those issues.
- Participate in Organization-wide efforts to improve/coordinate Event Tracking goals and processes at the National and local levels.
- Research and recommend improvements to policies and processes, such as Matching Gift, Special Gifts, and others, as applicable.
- Recommend/develop processes to increase staff productivity. This includes reviewing/revising/documenting current operational practices to ensure that collaborative (versus silo) processing practices are in place.
- Collaborate with Director, Operations Development and Director, Operations Change Management to ensure a consistent approach and messaging regarding operations and process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Education, or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and five to seven years’ experience in Development Operations and/or not-for-profit fundraising
- Experience with CRMs e.g., salesforce, ClearView
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/presentation, and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills; excellent attention to detail
- Computer proficiency and expertise in Office 365 and related technology skills, including familiarity with using digital platforms such as Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams