Job Summary: The Senior Asset Manager primary responsibilities are for financial, physical, regulatory and administrative oversight of a group of buildings within CCDC’s portfolio as well as discreet projects across the portfolio. For properties that are trending downward financially, the Senior Asset Manager will develop recommendations for how to turn the property around.
The Senior Asset Manager will maintain excellent relations with CCDC’s lenders and partners and provide timely and accurate reports. Internal relations will also be important, as this position works very closely with CCDC’s Housing Development, Property Management, and Fiscal departments.
Status: Full-time, Exempt, Regular
Location: Chinatown Neighborhood, San Francisco
Hours: Monday – Friday, general business hours, some nights and weekend
Salary: DOE; Comprehensive benefits
The Sr. Asset Manager may participate, assist or lead in the following areas:
- Monitor, analysis & evaluate financial proformas of projects in development and/or rehab through perm conversion for internal and external reporting
- Budget analysis & evaluation to of projects in development and/or rehab to ensure specific properties are meeting affordability, operating expense per unit, & reserve funding
- Monitor the current and long-term financial status of CCDC projects by reviewing budget variance reports and audited financial statements, and by preparing long-term operating cash flow projections.
- Propose solutions & develop workout plans to structural deficits and analysis disposition of annual surplus/deficits for assigned portfolio.
- Produce, analysis and evaluate Monthly Portfolio Dashboard, Annual Asset Management Plan, and ad-hoc/ extemporaneous reports.
- Budget administration and coordination of the portfolio annual budget process.
- Subsidy Contract Administration and analysis, this includes annual renewals, and RCS reporting
- Monitor welfare tax exemptions on across the portfolio and their respective ownership entities, this includes tracking property tax bills and resolving property tax billing issues.
- Insurance administration claims coordination and coordination of annual policies renewals.
- Monitor physical condition of CCDC properties through periodic inspections; recommend capital improvements and/or specific maintenance enhancements where needed.
- Assist Property Management in the coordination of capital needs analyses, participate in evaluation inspections, obtain verification and agreement on the content of the report.
- Assist in capital project planning for assigned portfolio
- When repairs or rehabilitation require the participation of CCDC’s Housing Development Department, work closely with the assigned Project Manager to develop plans for scope of work and financing, and to ensure a successful project.
Regulatory Administration for group of buildings within CCDC property portfolio:
- Responsible for the documentation for each property is complete and well-organized, especially during predevelopment and at final loan closings.
- Development of the most restrictive analyses of over-lapping regulatory restrictions and requirements.
- Preparation of deal books that summarize the details of a project’s structure and obligations.
- Manage financial regulatory administration, including but not limited to, loan closings, annual contract rent increases, loan renewals, renegotiations, limited partner buyouts, and other end of contract term matters.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Dependability, initiative, and follow-through with a high attention to detail and effective prioritization skills
- Strong computer and math skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work with time sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Work collaboratively with people in other departments and skill levels
- Engage diplomatically and effectively with lenders and regulators
- Ability to work with, and sensitivity to, a diverse, low-income, multi-ethnic population.
Condition of Employment
As of January 4th, 2022, All Chinatown Community Development Center employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. All new hires must show proof of vaccination status at the time of employment offer. Exemptions will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief and must be submitted within a timely requested manner. Additional documentation may be required by CCDC if exemption is approved.
Advocacy/Social Action, Community/Capacity Building, Housing/Shelter
Please apply through our webiste: https://chinatowncdc.applytojob.com/apply/SuM9vHEX2H/Senior-Asset-Manager