Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a talented and driven individual to join the Information Technology team as a Systems Administrator. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software in a youth-facing environment. They will be detail oriented, work efficiently, respond quickly to issues, and work with the team effectively to determine and implement solutions, while providing excellent customer service. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your IT skills within a mission-driven and collaborative environment in service of our students.
- Provide direct technical assistance and customer friendly support to staff, students, and families for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Support with deployment of IT assets and maintenance of IT resources
- Provide guidance and support to Technical Operations Support team members, as well as training computer users in using technology resources
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of IT systems and SAAS.
- Respond to escalations from team, and escalate issues to appropriate resources as needed
- Define scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned projects
- Perform knowledge transfer between team members for any new technology or procedures
- Work with hardware, software, platform, and ISP vendors to support IT assets and resources
- Manage users and assets with technical tools deployed within the organization (e.g. JAMF, Google Suite, Active Directory, Powerschool, SnipeIT, Zabbix, etc.)
- Writes and maintains system documentation
- Leads the fixes, patches, and security related to learning systems following established change management practices
- Additional responsibilities, as needed and/or assigned
- Keep on top of current technologies, including tools and platforms to support remote learning (e.g. Schoology, Remind, Zoom, etc.)
- At a minimum, a High School Diploma and 5+ years of experience in an IT related field; or Associates Degree or higher and 3+ years of experience in an IT related field, required
- Experience with the following is strongly preferred: supporting Windows Servers, Apple devices, particularly using JAMF Pro or a similar service, managing users and groups with Active Directory; Google Workspace (user management, listservs, classroom, chromebooks, Google scripting); virtualization, VMWare or Hyper-V; Mobile Device management systems and infrastructure; patch management platforms (e.g. JAMF, Kandji, Automix, etc.); network administration (e.g. Cisco, HP, Palo Alto, etc.); and cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure in a school environment
- Intermediate understanding and experience in networking principles, including TCP/IP protocols
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone, in writing, or in person
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to always pay attention to details and encourage team members to do the same
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- High energy, passion, and dedication to the work
- In-depth knowledge of management goals and vision and ability to collaborate with team members to achieve them
- Certifications are a plus: A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, JAMF, Google, ITIL
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
DREAM offers a competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience with the potential for an annual performance-based increase. The incoming salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000. New hires are typically brought into the organization at a salary closer to the start of the range depending on qualifications and internal equity. All staff are eligible for annual performance-based increases.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for medical plans and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time and paid holidays, referral bonuses, professional development, an employee assistance program (EAP) and a 403(b) plan with employer matching up to 4%.
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.