The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for leading and managing the Foundation. The ED serves as a trusted and engaging leader, fostering and developing deep relationships across the Foundation and with our donors, partners, advocates, Trustees and Incorporators. The Board of Directors seeks an individual who is fully committed to Cathedral of the Pines’ mission and values. The Executive Director will report to the Executive Committee.
The Board of Directors seeks an individual who understands and has a passion for 1) the importance of honoring the values of, and sacrifices made, by veterans and their families, 2) the essential role that preserving and respecting our environment plays in everyone’s life, and 3) the value that a peaceful venue can contribute to our solace and refresh our spirit.
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial and effective leader who possesses both the vision to inspire and the skills to lead an organization into its next phase of development.
- Will be a confident, transparent and accessible leader with a demonstrated commitment to the Foundation’s priorities, legacy and mission.
- Will demonstrate the ability to protect, secure and expand Foundation funding, while operating with integrity and sound judgment.
- Will demonstrate sophisticated and seasoned leadership skills developed through significant executive level experience.
- Will demonstrate an in-depth understanding of sound board governance, gained from direct experience working with professional boards or personally through active board involvement.
- A leadership style that supports staff and volunteers of different cultural and educational backgrounds.
- A management style that embodies respect, transparency, teamwork and accountability. Flexibility, humility and sense of humor; ability to share credit and spotlight others’ contributions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required. A Master’s degree in business, nonprofit management, human services, education or a related field is preferred.
- Five to seven years of previous experience in an Executive Director position preferred.
Visit https://www.cathedralofthepines.org. Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in this position to: email@example.com