Family Based Clinician will be responsible for maintaining a caseload of 7-8 children/adolescents/families. The Family Based Clinician will provide individual and family counseling and advocacy services to each client. In addition, clinician will make referrals to community services for each child/adolescent/family.
· Report to Clinical Supervisor
· Provide clinical counseling services for 7-8 children/ adolescents/families.
· Provide a minimum of two weekly individual/family counseling sessions for each child/adolescent/family.
· Develop a working knowledge of community resources and make appropriate referrals.
· Advocate on behalf of child/adolescent/family with other community programs.
· Participate in co-leading time-limited groups, as needed.
· Make referrals to other community agencies such as clinics, employment/vocational centers, etc.
· Provide ongoing support for family members when a referral has been made to an outside agency.
· Submit weekly case notes and monthly reports to supervisor.
· Provide on-call services during the week and weekend
· Other duties as required by director and immediate supervisor
· Masters level required; License preferred; license eligible
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in clinical setting working with children, adolescents and families with severe behavioral, social and emotional difficulties
· Demonstrated experience working with children, adolescents and families, including experience navigating children’s systems and supports within the community.
· Knowledge of and training in child development and children’s mental health experience.
· Nonjudgmental ability to foster self-sufficiency in families using problem-solving and practical skills.
· Ability to establish trusting relationships through compassion, empathy and insight.
· Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of families from diverse cultural or linguistic backgrounds.
· Computer proficiency including ability to work with email and word processing software
· Effective teamwork skills
· Scheduling flexibility
· Good listening skills
· Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
· Daily access to an automobile is required
· A valid MA State Driver’s License
· Clearing of background checks as required by state and federal law.
· Commitment to our organizational vision, missions, and program
HopeWell offers a comprehensive total rewards package that values employee wellness, work-life balance, and continuous learning. Benefits include student loan pay-down assistance, tuition reimbursement, funding for professional development, as well as a full suite of healthcare benefits, and generous paid-time-off.
Please submit an application here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1384469/HopeWell-Inc/Family-Support-Stabilization-Clinician