The In Home Support Counselor is responsible for supporting adults with intellectual disabilities who are living independently in the community. We support individuals toward living a happy, healthy, and productive life that aligns with their life goals. We achieve our goals by implementing industry best practices, creating innovative solutions to complex problems and employing staff who care deeply about clients and our mission. The In Home Support Counselor should make every effort to promote principles of normalization and dignity and include opportunities for individuals to fully join their community. At HopeWell, we value good communication, transparency, reliable support and the pursuit of excellence.
· Collaborate with supervisor and individuals to set goals in the areas of daily living, career needs, social and recreational activities, and where relevant, parenting. Participate in the development and implementation of service plans reflecting the individual’s preferences, goals, lifestyles, and interests.
· Develop a partnership strategy with each individual. Meet individuals (and where relevant, their children) in their home or the community to provide direct support, coaching, and intervention to increase self-sufficiency and goal attainment.
· Support individuals in scheduling, providing transportation to, and attending all necessary appointments and services as well as community activities for themselves (and where relevant, their children). Refer individuals (and their children) to new services as needed.
· Complete written documentation and reports as required that reflect the individual’s progress on their goals.
· Be knowledgeable and adhere to the residents’ individualized Vision, Assessments, and Goals/Implementation Strategies that are listed in the Individuals’ Service Plan (ISP).
· Adhere to all safety standards, Federal and State regulations, agency and corporate policies.
· Collaborate closely with collaterals, including but not limited to DDS service coordinators, medical providers, case workers, social workers, courts, and schools.
· High school diploma (Associates degree preferred).
· 6 months’ relevant experience.
· Willingness to learn.
· Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor, sound judgment, and strong organizational skills.
· A high level of professionalism in work and interpersonal interactions with both internal and external contacts.
· Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well both independently and collaboratively.
· Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
· Must be able to set goals, analyze work, develop plans, and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
· Must be comfortable working in community settings.
· Sufficient computer skills to perform essential functions
· Lifting is required. Ability to lift at least a minimum of twenty (20) pound
· Ability to physically assist individuals in personal care
· Ability to perform common household cleaning activities that involve: consistent standing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, and walking
· This role involves predominantly home based and community-based work with occasional remote work opportunities. During home and community visits there are possible environmental exposures including pets.
· Daily access to an automobile is required.
· Driving is required in and out of the catchment area.
· A valid MA State Driver’s License
· Remain current in all DCF require trainings
· Other duties as assigned to support quality care
· Clearing of background checks as required by state and federal law.
· Commitment to our organizational vision, missions, and program
HopeWell offers a comprehensive total rewards package that values employee wellness, work-life balance, and continuous learning. Benefits include student loan pay-down assistance, tuition reimbursement, funding for professional development, as well as a full suite of healthcare benefits, and generous paid-time-off.
Please submit an application here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1428665/HopeWell-Inc/In-Home-Support-Counselor