Jan 05, 2023
Hyde Square Task Force
Hybrid (Boston, MA, USA)
Position: Latin Quarter Manager, full-time, reports to the Senior Manager of Organizing and Engagement, must work out of HSTF’s Jamaica Plain office the majority of the time. Salary starting at $60,000, commensurate with experience.
Job Summary: We seek a creative, dynamic, and entrepreneurial Latin Quarter Manager to lead the implementation of the Latin Quarter Cultural District Plan centered around Hyde and Jackson Squares in Boston’s Jamaica Plain neighborhood. This is a two-year funded position with a potential for renewal pending resources.
Leadership & Management
- Work with the Latin Quarter Advisory Committee, HSTF Leadership Team, and outside facilitators/consultants to strategize and carry out the Latin Quarter Cultural District Plan’s vision and goals, which include the promotion of Afro-Latin arts and culture and supporting local Latinx businesses.
- Maintain and promote positive relationships with the Latin Quarter’s diverse range of community partners and stakeholders.
- Evaluate, assess, and manage consultants, vendors, volunteers, and contractors for the Latin Quarter.
- Develop and implement various community events for the district, in coordination with other designated HSTF staff and with the support of the Latin Quarter Advisory Committee.
- Along with the Executive Director and Senior Manager, represent the Latin Quarter at public and coalition meetings.
- Coordinate and facilitate Latin Quarter Advisory Committee meetings and provide the Leadership Team with regular updates to make informed, effective, and strategic decisions.
- Maintain a Latin Quarter calendar of events and meeting schedule.
- In coordination with the communications team and other related HSTF staff, promote and market Latin Quarter events and initiatives to increase visibility for the district and overall engagement.
- Oversee and expand the Latin Quarter Advisory Committee to ensure that it accomplishes its goals and objectives.
Program Planning and Implementation
- In coordination with HSTF arts staff, develop and implement innovative programs that will improve the vitality and resilience of the Latin Quarter, Afro-Latinx community, and other stakeholders.
- Manage all project timelines and deliverables.
- Create, implement, and maintain a program tracking and evaluation process.
- Develop and implement a framework to educate developers about the Latin Quarter.
- Oversee the implementation of the Latin Quarter Cultural District Plan, including a detailed work plan with clear targets and success metrics.
- Establish and maintain a network of emerging and established Afro-Latinx artists.
- Develop and implement a strategy to support Latinx owned/run businesses in the Latin Quarter
- Manage Latin Quarter-related contract/grant deliverables.
- Provide the development team with the necessary data/information needed for grant reporting.
- Work with the finance team to maintain annual Latin Quarter budget.
- Work with the development team to identify diverse funding sources for the Latin Quarter.
- Actively contribute to the implementation of organizational strategic goals and objectives.
- Participate and actively contribute to organization-wide events, activities, committees, and initiatives as needed.
The above is not an exhaustive list of every duty and responsibility required. Other duties may be assigned.
Hyde Square Task Force
- Five or more years of professional experience in a related field (e.g., place-making/keeping, organizing, coalition-building).
- Experience successfully planning, coordinating, and implementing large-scale events.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders and communities, particularly with the Latinx community.
- Proven track record of leadership in the areas of coalition building, community outreach and engagement, and community organizing.
- Familiarity with Jamaica Plain, particularly the area comprising Boston’s Latin Quarter, its history, stakeholders, and relevant community assets and needs.
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to entertain and incorporate a variety of diverse viewpoints and reach consensus.
- Ability to develop strategic partnerships among civic, public, and private institutions.
- Able to meet deadlines and ensure completion of projects on schedule.
- High level of computer literacy including Google Suite, MS Office Suite, and Salesforce.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely organized, reliable, punctual, accurate, and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team player.
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor.
- Ability to remain focused in the face of pressure, delivering against timelines without being intimidated by tasks/time limitations.
- Spanish proficiency (spoken and written) highly preferred.
- Values alignment with HSTF’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Flexibility to work hours as program/organizational needs change (occasional weekends and evenings).
- Must be a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in a related field.
- Successfully pass CORI and SORI background checks.
- Must be authorized to work legally in the United States.
Arts/Culture and Humanities, Community/Capacity Building
Ssalary starting at $60,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include: medical and disability insurance, parking, vacation time, personal days, paid holidays, paid week off December 24th - January 1st, sick time, 403(b) program, and a supportive work environment.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and three references on or before January 16, 2023, to BLQManager@hydesquare.org. Please include the position, Latin Quarter Manager, in the subject line of the email. No walk-ins or phone calls please.
Hyde Square Task Force is an equal opportunity provider and employer We value having a diverse staff who are representative of the community we serve and bring to our organization a variety of traditions, experiences, and points of view Individuals of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.