Jan 20, 2023
$88,000 - $90,000 yearly
New York, NY, USA
Salary Range:$88,000.00 To 90,000.00 Annually
The Grants Manager will be responsible for the writing and management of competitive research and governmental grants. They will work with the team to build a new line of funding and attract new supporters.
- Write, edit and submit medical research Letters of Interest, grant proposals, progress reports, and briefing materials in accordance with Hadassah Medical Organization (HMO) and HWZOA guidelines, as well as foundation or government agency guidelines.
- In close partnership with the Director of Development, collaborate with hospital principal investigators (PIs) and their research personnel (clinical, academic, research staff), hospital administrators, and Hadassah’s Office in Israel (HOI) fundraising staff on timely, accurate and complete submission of grant materials. Prepare, complete, and collect required administrative and financial paperwork and necessary signatures for grant-related documents.
- Manage ongoing prospect research for fundraising priorities--i.e. track/compile Request for Proposals to share with the hospital’s Research & Development department and fundraising staff in Israel, including pipeline management documentation of meetings/decisions/next steps with R&D staff, foundations/government agencies, etc.
- Coordinate, review, draft/revise and submit all paperwork and budgets for progress reports and vendor contracts with outside PIs and institutional administrators. Facilitated with ample support from HWZOA and hospital Finance and Legal departments, hospital regulatory/compliance staff in Israel, and Institutional Giving colleagues.
- Schedule and track all institutional reporting requirements, including new grant proposal submissions, grant renewals, grant resubmissions, progress reports, final reports, no cost extensions requests, and other requirements to meet IG fundraising and grant compliance objectives.
- Clearly document all activity in HWZOA’s donor database, including awards data.
- Maintain moves management system for foundation relationships; create department progress reports from the database as needed.
- Liaise internally between HWZOA, HOI and HMO administrative staff, physician-researchers, as well as externally with programmatic and research staff at governmental agencies and private foundations;
- Source information to develop grant proposals and reports including photographs, descriptions, success stories and statistics.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in working in grants administration in a non-profit, academic medical environment, or community-based organization.
- Experience with and basic knowledge of healthcare, medical research, and human services is required.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to think critically and apply analytical skills to problem solving.
- Must have ability to multi-task, prioritize, and function autonomously with minimal supervision and under pressure towards meeting multiple often competing deadlines.
- Ability to comfortably liaise with a variety of stakeholders across different entities within and outside the institution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with appropriate discretion and diplomacy. Ability to translate scientific language into lay-friendly content for a variety of audiences is strongly preferred.
- Exercise sound judgment based on gathering and analyzing, factual and objective data.
- Strong initiative and ability to implement workflow process improvements and make recommendations. Customer service- and team-work oriented. Positive attitude and solid work ethic.
- Familiarity with fundraising software a plus.
Healthcare/Public Health, Other