BranchED is a national non-profit organization that is dedicated to strengthening, growing, and amplifying the impact of educator preparation program at the nation’s minority serving institutions (HBCUs, HSIs, tribal colleges, and others), with the larger goals of both diversifying the teaching profession and intentionally addressing critical issues of educational equity for all students. BranchED serves as the nucleus of a national network of 200+ high impact colleges and universities - located in 38 states, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands - united around a commitment to increasing the achievement gains of all learners and enhancing the diversity of the nation's corps of educators. Click here to visit the website.
BranchED seeks an Associate Vice President, Operations who will build, manage, and support highly effective talent, culture and operational systems at a rapidly growing nonprofit organization of over 20 employees who are committed to shifting the life outcomes of America’s young people by ensuring the diversity and quality of their teachers. This position will play a critical role in standardizing our existing systems, policies and procedures in order to improve and create more efficiency within BranchED’s operations, infrastructure, human capital, and professional development.
This is a new cabinet-level role that will manage an Administrative Assistant, coordinate with their counterpart the Financial Controller, and work closely with members of the executive team to lead and support high-priority strategic initiatives and the overall day-to-day operations for the organization. The Associate Vice President, Operations will oversee human resources (HR), data/knowledge management, information technology, facilities, office management, compliance/risk management, and special projects. This individual will partner with and manage outsourced HR, IT, and accounting vendors and external consultants to ensure seamless daily operations.
The Associate Vice President, Operations will be based out of Peachtree City, GA area and will report directly to the Founder, President, and Chief Executive Officer.
Oversee human capital and people management systems and procedures
- Oversee the execution and continuous improvement of core HR processes, including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, disciplinary actions, annual reviews
- Facilitate department hiring, ensuring job descriptions and postings adhere to HR criteria, form hiring teams, and provide quality communications to applicants
- Oversee comprehensive onboarding program for new staff, ensuring orientation to their role, their center, the organization, and its core community clients
- Facilitate use of department standards for employee evaluations, ensuring consistent application of those standards for all organizational employees
- Lead department-wide professional development efforts, ensuring equitable and relevant growth opportunities for staff
- Oversee training and practices that support high-performing teams
- Organize and support department and organization-wide training programs for use of tech and operations infrastructure
Lead business operations in alignment with BranchED’s vision
- Implement BranchEd’s strategic plan and lead project management of human capital, remote work infrastructure, and facilities management
- In collaboration with the Financial Controller, maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
- Capture and document procedures and policies; create an operations manual and develop guides documenting systems; develop processes to document experiential learnings and leverage them to realize operational efficiencies
- Manage legal and business compliance and oversee all contracts across the organization, such as software, license equipment, vendors, and facilities.
- Ensure that the organization has the appropriate IT systems, software, and hardware to meet its evolving needs
- Develop and manage accessible systems, including managing SAP Concur, SharePoint, Asana, and Microsoft 365
- Ensure resources are well-managed and available to support staff in their work
Oversee a direct report and consultants/vendors
- Manage and coach the Administrative Assistant providing continuous professional development focusing on growing skills and providing learning opportunities
- Provide guidance and direction to HR and Tech vendors and consultants
Success in this position will require the following:
- You’re an experienced strategic and visionary leader. You bring 8+ years of total work experience with at least 5 years of experience managing Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and/or IT including vendor management, contract management, and facilities.
- You’re a process and systems builder. You have a track record of evaluating and improving processes, systems and policies that support growth and impact.
- You’re innovating in your approach to problem-solving. You enjoy identifying the challenge and creating the solution to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- You’re relational and collaborative. You center relationship-building in your work and know how to build and navigate relationships across teams to move projects forward.
- You’re an exemplary operator and manager. You effectively project manage complex, cross-functional projects that involve many moving parts and pieces while supporting direct reporting staff, contracts, and vendors.
- You’re aligned to our mission, values and commitment to social justice. You understand the importance of diversifying the teaching profession and intentionally addressing critical issues of educational equity for all students; you apply an inclusive and equitable approach to your work and decision making.
BranchED has partnered with RCG Talent Solutions on our search for an Associate VP, Operations. Please use the link on this page to submit your application and direct all questions to email@example.com.
BranchED is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates for this search. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and welcome individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not authorized to sponsor the H-1B visa.
The Branch Alliance for Educator Diversity does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or other characteristics covered by law with regard to employment opportunities.