Managing Director, Site Success
Location: Any city with GreenLight Fund presence (Boston, Atlanta, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Newark, Philadelphia, the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Twin Cities)
About GreenLight Fund
Founded in 2004, GreenLight Fund is a national nonprofit with a local focus that partners with communities to create opportunities for inclusive prosperity. In our 12 sites, we facilitate a community-driven process that matches the local needs of individuals and families not met by existing programs, to organizations with track records of success elsewhere. Working with communities, we identify, invite in, and launch proven organizations from other areas in the country, providing collaborative support so they can quickly take root and deliver change. Everything we do is designed to remove barriers to inclusive economic opportunity all too often rooted in racial inequities.
Our impact increases exponentially as we address one specific, community-identified need each year, in each GreenLight site. Since 2004, we have launched 45 portfolio organizations across 12 sites, invested $31M, and attracted an additional $206M from other funding sources, reaching more than 560,000 individuals and families in 2022 alone.
GreenLight Fund is headquartered in Boston, with sites in Atlanta, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, Newark, Philadelphia, the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Twin Cities. GreenLight is continuing to expand and adding a new site each year, including its next site: Denver, CO.
GreenLight Fund continues to grow strategically, with a focus on deepening community impact, growing to new cities, building our learning capacity, building strategic partnerships, and centering equity in all that we do.
To learn more about GreenLight Fund’s work, please view our https://greenlightfund.app.box.com/s/s7betrp3fmoh8np1b5ghhiwdhfhwm4gr and visit our https://greenlightfund.org/.
The Managing Director Opportunity
The Managing Director, Site Success is responsible for the overall management and support of Executive Directors in identified GreenLight Fund sites, as well as the coordination of site management and reporting on site success across all sites. The Managing Director will manage a minimum of six site Executive Directors and be highly invested in site and site staff success. They will provide thought partnership and support to Executive Directors to help them reach their goals and navigate management and leadership challenges. The Managing Director will also partner with other Executive Director managers and national staff to ensure consistent, scalable support to sites. In addition, they will lead coordination of site management and reporting on site success. A new role for GreenLight Fund, the Managing Director reports to the CEO and serves on the Management Team.
This is an ideal opportunity for a people- and results-focused professional who loves supporting leaders to reach their goals and is eager to help shape a scalable management culture, systems, and tools to ensure that GreenLight achieves its mission of catalyzing inclusive economic opportunity in cities across the country.
● Manage and support Executive Directors to operate successful sites in assigned GreenLight cities.
○ Collaborate with Executive Directors on developing and implementing strategies and plans to meet goals and achieve site success
○ Provide regular coaching, recognition and performance feedback to Executive Directors to achieve site and professional goals
○ Lead hiring and onboarding of Executive Directors
○ Provide direct site management during ED vacancies
○ Ensure financial health and compliance and oversee budgeting for sites.
○ Ensure EDs have support and resources to develop professionally.
○ Develop and work with EDs to complete site success dashboard as a tool to communicate overall success and progress at the Management Team and Board levels, and identify cross-cutting areas of needed additional support to sites.
○ Coordinate with functional leads to ensure EDs have appropriate support across functional areas and provide clarity about how those supports are resourced.
● Coordinate team of Executive Director managers to ensure peer learning, thought partnership, and consistency in managing Executive Directors and sites
● Manage and maintain codified Successful Site description and indicators
○ Partner internally to evolve codified Successful Site description through organizational learning
○ Develop tools to report on site progress and success at the individual site- and network-wide levels based on the Successful Site description
○ Prepare regular reports for the CEO, Management Team and the Board of Directors on site progress and success
The Managing Director, Site Success, will bring a depth of experience and expertise managing leaders to success and collaborating effectively with senior leaders, combined with emotional intelligence, professional maturity, and a results orientation. While no one candidate will possess every quality outlined for this position, the successful candidate will bring many of the following:
● Commitment to GreenLight’s mission to create community-driven change by lowering barriers to inclusive economic opportunity.
● Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to equity, creating inclusive working environments, and centering equity, particularly racial equity, in internal and external work, communications and management.
● Strong expertise and experience managing, coaching and developing leaders and executives to set and achieve goals across key areas of nonprofit performance: programmatic, investor stewardship and fund raising, strategic communications, financial management, and operations.
● A relationship orientation with the ability to support and empower leaders while creating accountability; ability to be both people- and results-oriented.
● Understanding of and experience with national nonprofit organizations that implement their work through local sites.
● Experience creating high-level management tools and dashboards to enable learning and accountability with multiple internal stakeholders, including senior leadership and Boards of Directors.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $180,000 - $185,000 and will be competitive and commensurate with experience. The compensation package also includes the following:
● Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (80% paid by GreenLight)
● Dental and Vision Insurance through Guardian (80% paid by GreenLight)
● Full coverage of all mental health visits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
● Safe Harbor 401k. GreenLight will match 100% of the first 3% of salary and 50% of the next 2%
● Short and Long-term disability and Life insurance fully paid by GreenLight Fund
● 11 company-wide holiday closings and 3 floating holidays
● Generous PTO and parental leave
● Up to $75 per month of cell phone reimbursement
● Up to $100 per month of WiFi reimbursement
● Up to $1,500 per year for professional development
● Access to Holisticly (40 Holisticly Credits per Month)
This position is intended to be a hybrid role, based in any of the current GreenLight Fund cities: Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Kansas City, Newark, Philadelphia, the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Twin Cities
Greenlight Fund is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
Koya Partners has been exclusively retained for this engagement. To express your interest in this role, please submit materials https://apptrkr.com/3996275. Materials should include a thorough resume and compelling letter of interest. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email https://tinyurl.com/4s3eh7j9. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit https://diversifiedsearchgroup.com/koya-partners/.