Background: HELP USA is a well known and highly regarded nonprofit organization whose mission is to eliminate homelessness by providing an array of services including homelessness prevention, transitional and permanent housing, mental and behavioral health counseling, veterans services, and workforce, education, and enrichment programs to help individuals lead self-sustaining lives. Founded in 1986, HELP USA has grown from a single shelter in Brooklyn to become an over $140 million dollar homelessness relief and advocacy organization that works nationwide. It maintains over 2500 units of transitional housing, 2200 units of permanent affordable housing and has served over 500,000 individuals and families over the years.
HELP USA has been led by individuals who are recognized leaders in the field of homelessness, including its current leader Tom Hameline, who is retiring from the position. With Tom’s impending departure, the Board of HELP USA is looking to hire an experienced leader who can build on his work while addressing the challenges facing the organization as it moves towards the future.
Position: HELP USA seeks a dynamic and entrepreneurial leader to be the next President and CEO. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President and CEO will provide oversight and management of the organization, working with the Board of Directors and the C-Suite Team to establish annual and long-range goals, strategies and policies that foster the growth and quality of the organization. They will advance HELP USA’s mission and goals and achieve increased revenue while ensuring high-quality service delivery and the cost-effective management of resources. They will be the face and voice of the organization in the homeless service sector and the larger community.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned manager, with deep knowledge of the issues surrounding homelessness, supportive and affordable housing, social services and mental and behavioral health. They must be knowledgeable about the government organizations that fund HELP USA’s work, and ready to sit at the table to address policy issues that affect the communities of the unhoused.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills are critical. The President and CEO must be comfortable fundraising and tactful in communicating with the individuals who benefit from HELP USA’s work as well as corporate executives, local business leaders, elected officials, public agency administrators, members of the media, and the community.
They must be able to work closely with the Board and staff in a transparent, honest fashion that promotes inclusiveness, cooperation, and teamwork. They must be committed to the principles of equity, diversity, inclusion and justice. In addition, they will be bright, diplomatic, analytical, creative, of the highest integrity, and possess sound judgment as well as a sense of humor, humility, and compassion.
For more information about HELP USA, please visit their website at www.helpusa.org
· Develop a strategic planning process that will advance the organization’s mission and promote revenue, efficiency and growth. Ensure that the goals established in the annual and long-range strategic plans are accomplished.
· Promote the organization by serving as the chief spokesperson for HELP USA, as well as building and maintaining essential community and governmental relationships and inter-organizational alliances and coalitions.
· Work in collaboration with the Board Chair and the Chair of the Governance and Nominating Committee to identify and recruit new Board members who will add diversity to the Board and whose skills, interests and financial commitment will help further HELP USA’s mission.
· Provide input and leadership in the execution of strategic initiatives adopted by the Board of Directors, such as potential mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, program expansion and revenue opportunities.
· In collaboration with the Chair of the HELP USA Fund and the SVP of Development, lead the organization in fundraising activities and events, building and maintaining foundation and corporate support and cultivating major individual donors for gifts.
· Oversee the work of the C-Suite team to ensure that the organization has proper and effective controls, updated technology and financial and administrative reporting procedures and systems in place, to effectively meet or exceed all legal and regulatory requirements for the services provided.
· Update, enhance, approve and implement HELP USA’s policies and procedures to improve the overall operations and effectiveness of the organization.
· Work with the Finance and Operations departments to ensure that they are providing timely and accurate analyses of budgets, expenditure reports and operational data that will assist the Board in carrying out their responsibilities for financial and programmatic oversight.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships at the highest levels of local and state government as well as in the corporate and foundation sectors.
· Develop and maintain partnerships with community organizations and other advocacy groups engaged in public policy issues.
· Represent HELP USA on key community task forces, commissions and other policy bodies, as appropriate.
· Bachelors degree in a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum of fifteen years senior level experience in the nonprofit sector and/or equivalent business experience, with at least 10 years in a senior management position.
· Experience in strategic planning and execution; knowledge of contracting, negotiation and change management.
· Must be able to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
· Skill in examining and streamlining operations and procedures.
· Experience in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategives and procedures.
· Ability to develop financial plans, analyze and interpret financial data and manage resources.
· History of success in identifying and securing funding/revenue sources; demonstrated ability to attract and sustain philanthropic funding.
· Knowledge of communications and public relations principles and practices.
· Professional oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and organizations, including senior level corporate, philanthropic, public sector representatives and community leaders; ability to inspire trust and to motivate staff and partners.
· Must be able to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in culturally and ethnically diverse communities.
· Demonstrated commitment to HELP USA’s mission.
· Demonstrated track record in providing leadership for the development of strategic vision.
· Ability to establish priorities that align with a strategic plan and manage multiple agendas and programs effectively.
· Fluency using and understanding data to inform decision making.
· Entrepreneurial spirit; ability to seek out creative approaches to community issues.
· Experience building and facilitating relationships within and among various sectors.
HELP USA has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Jack Lusk, CEO
Anne McCarthy, COO
Harris Rand Lusk
260 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Please put “HELP USA CEO” in the subject line of your emailed application.
All positions at HELP USA are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.