Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic and results-driven individual to serve as an Network Operations Coordinator for DREAM's East Harlem location on a temporary basis (through June 30th, 2022). The Network Operations Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Managing Director of Operations in the day-to-day operations of our network office as well supporting the day-to-day operations of our East Harlem Pre-K, Elementary and Middle School Operations Team as needed. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of Operations, the Network Operations Coordinator will have a significant role in ensuring efficient office operations while providing exemplary customer service. In addition to maintaining the network office's administrative systems and routines, the Network Operations Coordinator functions as a contact person for all of general inquiries. The Network Operations Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the daily operations of our network front desk, support with the management of inventory and ordering, and support with COVID protocols and processes. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM's comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM employees, the Network Operations Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate the intake of the organization's incoming and outgoing mail (U.S. Postal Service and FedEx);
- Provide additional administrative support (i.e. ordering food, arranging transportation, etc.) as needed;
- Distribute payroll checks to staff and maintains accurate records of check distribution;
- Document and forward donation and grant checks appropriately;
- Organize, manage, and provide administrative support for special projects and events; undertake research projects; and collect and analyze data as background for meetings and special projects.
- Organizing and setting priorities among a variety of complex tasks, including a high volume of regularly occurring work and a constantly changing array of special projects and calendar demands.
- Identify, prepare and compile necessary materials to ensure that the Managing Directors team has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, events and projects.
- Supports schools with maintenance of student information systems including but not limited to attendance entry and tracking, management of student rosters, and reporting for school staff.;
- Supports school teams in placing food orders for student meals and ensuring we have enough food for all students that want it;
- Supports schools with coordinating logistics of school meal service including but not limited to scheduling, troubleshooting, and ensuring adherence to compliance and safety expectations;
- Supports schools with delivery of student meals to cafeteria and/or designated classrooms;
- Provides staffing coverage to school operations teams as needed;
- Provide reception coverage for our network office front desk;
- Field telephone calls and visit requests; decide daily which inquiries can be handled directly and which to refer elsewhere.
- Support with DREAM's delivery system and arranges for deliveries, as appropriate;
- Keep the office neat and organized.
- Maintain positive relationships with all staff;
- Support with the ordering of general office and school supplies;
- Support with maintaining student database to collect student COVID vaccine information;
- Support with contacting families as needed to collect student vaccination information;
- Support with auditing student health information to ensure
- Support with maintaining network wide COVID-related communication systems and notifications to families and staff;
- Support with ordering and restocking of PPE supplies;
- Support with distribution of PPE supplies to school sites;
- Bachelor's degree required;
- At least 2 years of administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Bilingual in Spanish/English, preferred;
- Notary Public, a plus;
- Strong commitment to customer service and understanding of the importance of administrative functions to the organization's mission;
- Outstanding dependability, with a commitment to being on-time and prepared;
- Collaborative team-player;
- Solid oral and written communication skills;
- Whatever it takes attitude and a willingness to change priorities at a moment's notice;
- Strong computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Deep embodiment of DREAM's organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity and fun.
- Start Date: 8/1
- End Date: 1/26
- Work Hours: 9 am-5 pm
- DREAM offers competitive compensation. The hourly rate for this position is $24.
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.