May 23, 2023
$112,000 - $115,000 yearly
New York, NY, USA
Research and Development
The Director, Prospect Research & Pipeline Management is primarily responsible for administering all aspects of prospect research and populating Hadassah’s major donor prospect pipeline. This includes, but is not limited to, providing information and analysis in support of donor and prospect identification and qualification, development and maintenance of systems/processes that facilitate and drive moves management, and creating prospect development strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the donor identification and qualification process by providing comprehensive screening and research on individuals, family foundations, and institutional giving prospects.
- Use a variety of resources (i.e., Wealth Engine, Salesforce, relationship mapping, Foundation Directory Online, etc.) to assess potential donors’ capacity and propensity to donate, as well as to identify upgrade potential and opportunities for current donors.
- Develop templates for assessments, snapshots, and in-depth profiles, and other reporting mechanisms to serve a variety of purposes.
- Produce comprehensive, in-depth and high-quality written briefings and reports that provide the biographical, background and financial information needed by gift officers, the CEO, CDO, and other senior leaders to successfully cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts.
- Partner with other HWZOA divisions and departments, specifically Data Analysis and Impact Center (DAIC), Engagement, and MarCom, in analyzing performance data and screening members, email subscribers, and grassroots donors for major giving capacity.
- Use the Salesforce CRM to ensure that newly identified opportunities are presented and assigned to appropriate frontline staff and/or volunteers in a timely manner.
- Track moves management and giving outcomes stemming from identification and research activities.
- Implement standardized procedures for fielding prospect research requests and disseminating research.
- Ensure that all research-related procedures are correctly implemented and regularly reviewed.
- Make recommendations for appropriate research sources, vendors, and professional development programs and manage relationships as needed.
- Assist with gathering and defining data needed for data models and data audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Education, Experience
- BA/BS degree plus 5-7 years of related work or transferable experience in Prospect Research
- Must have experience with CRM. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- One year's experience or more with Wealth Engine or similar prospecting software
- Experience working in a fundraising environment with an understanding and knowledge of the fields of prospect research, prospect management, and development.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel. Familiarity with Tableau a PLUS
- Ability and confidence in interpreting and synthesizing complex data and analytics to make evidence-based judgments
- Well-developed writing, research, and proofreading/editing skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work well independently, while managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to be supportive and service oriented to internal customers
Tuesday and Thursday: Office Days - Required in-office
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Work from home
Healthcare/Public Health, Other