May 23, 2023
$75,000 - $80,000 yearly
New York, NY, USA
The Senior Content Manager will develop, manage and produce innovative communications and marketing content in support of Hadassah’s goals and priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Marketing & Communications staff, other internal teams, as well as volunteers across the organization in the New York headquarters and with Hadassah’s US and Israel offices to complete communications duties and projects.
- Write for different audiences, including Hadassah leaders, existing and potential new members and donors.
- Responsible for content creation from ideation to completion, including managing review and approval process.
- Responsible for content and project management of several national newsletters, including our Hadassah@home and Hnews newsletters, from compiling submissions from other divisions to writing/editing, to reviewing test messages and keeping track of scheduling and metrics.
- Collaborate on and/or create copy and content for articles, advertising, video storyboards/production, email communications, website, podcasts, PowerPoint presentations, event materials, collateral materials, campaign themes, and more. Editorial writing experience is a plus.
- Copy edit, proofread, and fact check as needed.
- As necessary, edit materials from internal sources and from freelancer contributions.
- Source and edit user-generated contributions from both leadership and membership for various communications vehicles.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to consistently brainstorm strategies and tactics for engaging our audiences.
- Interview subjects and produce articles and other content for the website and other digital platforms, as needed.
- As necessary, communicate and collaborate with communications, marketing, designers and other teams, both internally and with agency partners or other external vendors.
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- 5+ years of communications experience as a writer and editor for highly visible organizations (preferably non-profit).
- Genuinely knowledgeable and passionate about the topics and cultures that relate to our mission.
- Understanding of strategic communications best practices.
- Experience producing stories ranging from essential Q&A-driven articles to research, and best practices for writing for the web.
- High comfort level with digital project management and communications tools, like Basecamp, monday.com, Asana or the like.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and oral) with strong presentation skills and the ability to create compelling and creative materials.
- Strong editing/proofreading skills.
- Well-versed in the rules of grammar, NY Times style, and other stylistic and publishing conventions.
- Knowledge of writing for SEO is a plus.
Tuesday and Thursday: Office Days - Required in-office
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Work from home
Healthcare/Public Health, Other