ABOUT THE PORTFOLIO ASSOCIATE POSITION:
The Portfolio Associate, Jewish Life and Israel is responsible for helping to identify potential grant opportunities through robust due diligence of investment areas and organizations, providing consulting or strategic planning support for grantees, and conducting research on areas of interest to build the foundations’ internal knowledge. The Portfolio Associate reports to the Senior Portfolio Manager, Jewish
Life and Israel, and will split time working across multiple portfolios and projects. The Associate will have broad exposure to the Jewish Life and Israel portfolio and become an active member in the collaborative team culture that includes weekly meetings, continual brainstorming and knowledge sharing.
· Conduct research and due diligence on potential investment areas and organizations.
· Perform all necessary analyses, which may include benchmarking, financial modeling, competitive assessment, and analysis of organizational outcomes.
· Assess quality and sustainability of organizational leadership, strategic plans, and business models.
· Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the One8 Foundation’s areas of concentration; scour sources to get smart on organizations and issue areas, including existing research, current trends and emerging issues.
· Assist in development and refinement of strategic, business and/or implementation plans in partnership with leaders from grantee organizations and/or potential grantees.
· Support strategic planning sessions, which focus on issues such as theory of change, model codification, strategic priorities, articulation of outcomes, etc.
· Provide strategic and “block & tackle” support to grantees in the execution of strategic plans, offering analysis and advice on program implementation, outcomes, finances, human capital and other areas.
· Foster strong working relationships and effective channels of communication with leaders from both grantee organizations and potential grantees.
· Prepare communications and reports for the One8 Foundation’s trustees.
The hurdle to become a One8 Foundation grantee is high, and the Portfolio Associate must embody the foundation’s high standard for excellence, rigor, passion, and commitment, while working alongside grantees providing support to ensure their success. Qualified candidates will possess:
· A strong commitment strengthening and protecting Jewish life in the US and supporting a thriving and democratic Jewish state of Israel.
· 2-4 years of work experience, preferably in an Analyst or Associate role at a consulting firm.
· Demonstrated ability to conduct research, analyze and interpret programmatic, management and financial information, and sift through information to unearth relevant implications and opportunities.
· Strong and creative problem-solving capabilities.
· A strong commitment to act, break down barriers and be part of the solution.
· Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse people and organizations.
· A love of learning and achievement and the desire and skills to help others succeed.
· Self-motivation, ability to work independently, take initiative and solve problems.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail; ability to produce high impact work product in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The One8 Foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.