Aug 25, 2023
$40,000 - $50,000 yearly
DREAM Charter School
New York, NY, USA
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM's Technical Operations Support LEVEL 1 will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software in DREAM's schools. They will troubleshoot problems and implement solutions to support our school staff while providing excellent customer service in service of DREAM's mission. This is an exciting opportunity for those who have strong problem-solving skills, enthusiasm for technology, and relationship-building skills to explore a career in technology in a highly supportive and collaborative environment.
- Providing onsite and remote technical assistance and customer friendly support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware in a K-12 school environment
- Managing deployment of IT assets including laptops and laptop storage
- Maintaining computer systems, including Macs, Windows PCs, and Chromebooks
- Managing users via G-Suite and Active Directory
- Setting up and manage Audio/Video equipment for school events and meetings
- Following up with DREAM customers to ensure issues have been resolved
- Documenting all issues and resolutions in the ticketing system
- Performing knowledge transfer between team members for any new technology or procedures
- Training computer users in using technology resources
- Onboarding new users, including installation and preparation of new computers and software
- Escalating issues to appropriate resources, as needed
- Keeping on top of current technologies and applications
- Completing assigned IT projects with thoroughness and accuracy
DREAM Charter School
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Associates Degree or higher and 1+ years of experience in an IT related or administrative field, preferred
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, high energy, passion, and dedication to the mission of the organization
- Customer service oriented approach to support
- Ability to work under pressure in a school environment.
- Effective understanding of typical desktop applications including Microsoft Office, Chrome, Acrobat, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone, in writing, or in person.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to logically and methodically approach troubleshooting
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- The ideal candidate may also have 1-2 years of experience supporting Chromebook, Windows 7/10, and MAC OS X operating systems; managing Apple OS devices with JAMF Casper suite; managing users and groups with Active Directory; working with G-Suite – user management, listservs, classroom, chromebooks; a basic understanding and experience in networking principles, including TCP/IP protocols; and experience with A/V equipment, e.g. camcorders, projectors, mixers, mic and speakers.
- Hours are generally in 8 hour shifts between 7:30 AM - 6:30 PM with occasional after hours or weekend work.
- DREAM offers a competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience with the potential for an annual performance-based increase. The incoming salary range for this position is $40,000 to $45,000 per year, along with the option of overtime paid at time and a half. New hires are typically brought into the organization at a salary closer to the start of the range depending on qualifications and internal equity. All staff are eligible for annual performance-based increases. Because we value staff tenure in each role, we do not currently cap salary ranges.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for medical plans and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time and paid holidays, referral bonuses, professional development, an employee assistance program (EAP) and a 403(b) plan with employer matching up to 4%.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.