As a new role for the GIIN, the Director of Individual Giving (DIG) will be responsible for building this new capability, designing, and implementing a donor-centric strategy to increase annual and multi-year revenue from individuals and family offices, principally through major gifts.
Reporting directly to the Chief Partnership Officer, the DIG will be a key member of the Development Team. They must create strong working relationships with staff and members of the GIIN Executive Team, Senior Management Team and Board of Directors. With a focused understanding of GIIN’s vision and program needs, this role will help achieve the objective of aligning fundraising efforts and strategic direction. The position is responsible for overseeing systems and processes related to all key aspects of Individual Giving fundraising.
This is a senior management role with future line management responsibility.
• Achieve annual Individual giving targets.
• Lead a portfolio of donors and prospects. Proactively create and
implement strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of
donors to make annual major gifts.
• Create a pipeline of prospective donors and prepare solicitation
materials such as proposals and presentations.
• Represent the GIIN in high-level external engagements with funders.
• Partner with the CPO and CFO to develop annual projections and budget
for the Individual Giving portfolio.
• Lead senior staff in their donor relations work by developing strategy
briefs and driving meetings.
• Direct Development Operations efforts to ensure our Salesforce CRM
supports Individual Giving needs.
• Generate detailed action reports and analytics on Individual Giving
fundraising progress for the CPO, CEO and other internal
communications as requested.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is a strong internal and external
collaborator and has the capacity and skills to manage a high-net-worth
individual donor base, with a particular focus on the impact investing
community. GIIN is at the initial stages of developing its individual giving
strategy, so a key responsibility of this position will also be prospecting,
qualifying, cultivating, and closing gifts from new donors with the capacity for
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State “Director, Individual Giving_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.