At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential. We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential and it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
The National Chief of Staff is an executive-level role that serves to elevate organizational effectiveness by supporting and organizing Rocketship’s implementation of our 5-year strategic plan to achieve ambitious network goals, while also building network capacity to sustain high-quality execution and scaled growth. The National Chief of Staff ensures that we meet the cross-functional needs of our regions and that we are well-positioned to address new opportunities to elevate our impact and fulfill our mission. Reporting to the CEO, the National Chief of Staff sits on the Network Executive Team (NET) and will lead a team that provides strategic and analytic support and delivers systems and services to improve network outcomes and scalability. The position can be based in any of Rocketship's five regions nationally, with a preference for California, Bay Area highly preferred.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced, mission-driven leader with strategic leadership skills to join a high-performing and still-growing network of public charter schools with multifaceted needs, operating in a complex educational environment in five regions across the country. Experience in non-profit and/or educational institutions, and with charter school/educational policies is desirable. The ideal candidate will align with Rocketship’s Vision, Mission, Values, and Core Characteristics as well as our DEI vision.
The successful National Chief of Staff will gain the trust of the Rocketship Public Schools Board of Directors and Regional Boards, Network Executive Team, and Principals, and instill confidence in Rocketship’s approach to growth and impact.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Effectively manage a team of 4 direct reports with multiple subteams with a total of 23 team members. These subteams are Strategy, Planning, and Business Operations (1); Data Systems (7); Analytics (6); and Technology Solutions (9).
Strategic, Planning, and Business Operations:
- In partnership with the CEO, Network Executive Team, and Rocketship Board, support the execution of 5-year strategic initiatives via monitoring of quarterly/annual goals and benchmarks, in close collaboration with the finance, program, communications, talent, and regional leadership teams.
- Refine and manage annual and long-term planning functions, including gathering relevant data for decision-making; convening and managing meetings with internal and external stakeholders; and preparing and facilitating effective decision-making discussions.
- Build and drive innovation or special projects for schools.
- Elevate Rocketship data collection, systems, and practices to inform, support, and advance the 5 Year Strategic vision and goals.
- Lead the team and organization into a deeper exploration, understanding, and elevated use of the Student Information Systems (SIS) to improve on a wide variety of student, family, and educator services, such as communication tools, reporting and compliance features, among other aspects of SIS platforms.
Analytics and Assessments:
- Set and execute data analysis priorities, including elevating the use of organizational/regional health dashboards and other key measures of Quality Schools, Community Power, and Scaled Impact.
- Oversee data library of reports used throughout the organization to drive decision-making.
- Plan and develop scalable technology systems infrastructure and related policies and processes to grow and adapt along with Rocketship’s needs.
- Plan and execute long-term implementation and maintenance strategies for software, hardware, data, voice, and other systems.
Supporting Network Executive and National Leadership Team Collaboration and Efficacy:
- Design the topic scope and sequence for regular virtual and offsite meetings based on our strategic priorities, initiatives, and deliverables.
- Develop meeting agendas, including preparation and follow-up communication.
- Liaise with the CEO’s direct reports to ensure timely communication, collaboration, and results.
- Act as a key thought partner to the CEO and Network Executive Team by facilitating discussion about and solutions to strategic challenges.
- Liaise with and support key regional and national Board projects.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with regionalization, proactively addressing potential challenges and devising contingency plans.
- Collaborate with regional and national leadership to implement, evaluate, and refine regionalization strategy to enhance the overall effectiveness of the organization.
Cross-Network and Cross-Functional Work Streams:
- Oversee strategic approach to highly cross-functional work streams such as enrollment planning, green lighting, and school start-up.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and wellness benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and generous paid time off.
Please apply by visiting the link below.