The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network (CPEHN) is seeking a full-time Grants and Research Manager. CPEHN is a statewide health policy organization focused on addressing racial and ethnic health disparities. CPEHN works closely with communities of color across the state to elevate local voices and health issues to state and local policymakers and help communities of color advance policy change and structural reform that creates equitable conditions for their communities. This position may be based anywhere in California. CPEHN maintains physical offices in Oakland and Sacramento and has a hybrid work policy. CPEHN has a mandatory up-to-date COVID-19 vaccine policy.
The Grants and Research Manager is responsible for managing overall grant efforts by leading all grant related activities such as drafting proposals, supporting research, and being a thought partner on strategic grant opportunities. We are looking for someone to join our team who is passionate about health equity and has experience in grant reporting and proposal development, and working with communities of color. This is a unique opportunity for someone that can advance the scope of funding through a strong health equity lens while creating content as part of a team working to promote health equity for California’s communities of color.
· Maintain and grow partnerships with funders to help them understand organizational needs
· Identify philanthropy trends and prospective funders that are in alignment with CPEHN’s projects, programs, and initiatives, and develop a workplan for innovative funding strategies
· Execute the preparation, submission, and management of grant proposals to governmental agencies and foundations
· Work closely with research and grants staff to prepare grant reports and support organization-wide research activities including data collection, evaluations and other qualitative and quantitative analyses
· Maintain accurate information about funders, giving history, areas of interest, and grant tracking/reporting
· Work with leadership team to identify gaps in funding and apply for funds based on program and organizational need
$73,000 - $75,000. Excellent benefits (100% employer paid health and dental insurance, retirement plan contributions, sabbatical leave, generous PTO with 1 week winter holiday every year, frontloaded sick leave, and more). CPEHN provides all employees with professional development funds to grow and hone skills relevant to their work.
At CPEHN we center equity at the heart of our culture, which can be seen in our hiring, salary transparency, and our commitment to the growth of our staff. We uplift a healthy work-life balance, which includes monthly “Slow Fridays” to encourage our team to take vacation.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills grounded through an equity lens
· Strong writing and proofreading skills
· Strong time-management skills, including prioritization of multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
· Communicate effectively, persuasively and professionally, in both written and verbal forms, with a wide range of individuals, organizations and funding sources
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can work independently with minimal supervision
· Cultural humility and ability to understand issues impacting all communities of color
· At least 2-4 years of grant application and report writing experience
· At least 3-5 years of project management experience
· At least 3-5 years of experience working with grassroots community organizations
· At least 1-2 years of programming (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, STATA) and data visualization (e.g., Excel/Microsoft BI, Tableau, ArcGIS) preferred.
Submit your application in a single PDF document to email@example.com, subject: Grants and Research Manager Application. Please include: