Role: Paid Media Lead, Digital Activism
Team: Digital Activism
Scope: Individual Contributor, P3
Years of Experience: 3+
Location: Ventura, CA
COVID-19 Vaccinations: Patagonia requires all employees to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
The Paid Media Lead, Digital Activism will play a pivotal role in steering Patagonia Action Work’s Social Amplification program elevating actions across a vast network of grassroots environmental organizations; as well as, orchestrating paid digital strategies for Patagonia’s activism-centric campaigns. In this role, you will lead in the ideation, testing, and execution of paid media that supports advocacy outcomes fostering community growth, grassroots environmental impact, and deeper engagement with activists.
The role requires someone who is adept at blending the science of data and digital media with digital advocacy expertise to drive strategies that engage both grantees and activists in meaningful, measurable ways. This individual has a strong working knowledge of the digital media space, with an emphasis on paid content marketing in the context of political, digital organizing or issue advocacy efforts.
Your day-to-day will include working with grassroots environmental organizations, Digital Studio, as well as external agencies as needed to deliver impactful digital campaigns.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and execute paid support for major activism campaigns across all digital touchpoints, in support of community growth, action conversion, engagement and other activism goals.
- Provide feedback on creative brief development based on past performance, proposed tactics, and landscape research in the digital space to support Patagonia Action Works and advocacy outcomes.
- Manage, test and evolve Social Amplification program based on grassroots organization feedback, past performance, proposed tactics, and landscape research in the digital space.
- Manage ongoing communications between grassroots organizations, internal teams and paid agency partners for call-to-action requests.
- The ability to manage, set up, and deploy activism audience targeting tactics across all digital media channels internally and with paid media agency partners.
- In collaboration with the Director of Digital Activism, develop a list of digital asset requests on a campaign-by-campaign basis, briefing in opportunities for A/B creative and/or audience testing and partner with a paid media agency to conduct reporting, creating plans to pivot as needed.
- In partnership with Insights & Analytics, translate activism goals into KPIs, ensure tracking is set up, and report out on efficacy for the duration of a campaign
- Partner with the Brand Impact Digital Marketing Manager to holistically plan brand and activism initiatives so that they are mutually reinforcing
- Lead in Digital Activism paid media budgeting including monthly monitoring, optimization and reconciliation of planned vs. actual spend on an annual basis.
- Act as a point of contact for external agencies and platform representatives providing paid media planning support for both the Social Amplification program and digital activism campaigns.
Who You Are
- You have an understanding of digital media and have a clear perspective on digital media planning to drive measurable advocacy outcomes.
- You have in-depth, hands-on experience building out and managing digital media campaigns.
- You have full awareness of the political digital ad policy landscape and its implications for content and planning.
- You have a strong working knowledge of ad platform UIs, in particular Snapchat, and Reddit.
- You possess the ability to provide constructive feedback based on creative best practices across diverse platforms.
- You possess a comprehensive understanding of digital advertising metrics and analytics and can analyze campaign data across various campaign variables, delivering actionable insights to enhance campaign performance to external and internal audiences.
- You have strong attention to detail and can QA ad builds and trafficking sheets to deploy ads.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, you work well within a team structure and have experience working with external agency partners.
- You embrace principles of equity and inclusion in work with grassroots organizations, team members, and external partners.
Experience You Bring
- 3+ years of integrated digital media planning
- Experience with or strong interest in environmental activism and/or issue advocacy
- An in-depth knowledge of current advocacy strategies and supporting digital media tactics
- Demonstrated expertise in ad trafficking, quality assurance (QA), campaign pacing, reporting, and managing the day-to-day operations of complex digital media programs.
- Proficiency in collaborating with external agencies or partners, overseeing and auditing their work to guarantee quality.
- Preferred experience in basic copy writing for digital ads
- Experience in translating digital advocacy goals into clear and measurable KPIs, setting up digital tracking in ad UIs, and conducting continual testing to enhance campaign performance.
- Experience in generating comprehensive reports to evaluate campaign performance, utilizing analytics tools such as Excel to extract and interpret data, and presenting findings in a clear, concise manner to stakeholders, aiding in informed decision-making and strategy refinement.
- Experience with web analytic software such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics and UTM tracking codes
Hiring range: $90,000-$100,000
Pay range: $80,000-$120,000
At Patagonia, pay ranges are assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive, inclusive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Patagonia requires all employees who enter a Patagonia owned or operated facility or who physically interact with others as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
Advocacy/Social Action, Community/Capacity Building, Environment