TSNE (tsne.org) is working to build to a more just, equitable society. We do this by providing capacity building services, consulting and training services, and operational support for hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. We are partners and colleagues working collaboratively to support areas critical for organizations, including property management, leadership development and support, finance and accounting, human resources, and organizational development. We live by our values as an organization, and are committed to identifying, including, and valuing the unique skills, perspectives and knowledge of each member of our team.
About our Values:
- Justice - A just society is one in which all people have the dignity, resources, power, and self-determination to fully thrive. We seek to create a more just world in all of our work.
- Progress - We commit out resources, expertise, and energy to delivering high quality support and services that make movement toward a more just world possible.
- Impact - We work collaboratively with others to build the capacity and sustainability of organizations who work toward social good.
The Marketing & Communications Strategist is responsible for leading and supporting the development, planning, and implementation of marketing strategy on behalf of TSNE and its programs and services. The Marketing & Communications Strategist will oversee the development and success of marketing plans through autonomous leadership, with some support from the Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing. This role, in collaboration with the marketing and communications team, will also be influential in supporting the implementation of TSNE’s communication strategy through content strategy and development (with an eye towards brand awareness), community management, and project management.
Marketing & Communications Strategy – 50%
- Infuse TSNE’s core values centering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging in all marketing and communications efforts
- Lead the development of marketing plans (both paid and organic) for TSNE’s brand awareness, services, and programs in collaboration with the marketing and communications team
- Strategize and develop marketing communications content (i.e., blog, social media, paid media/ads, etc.) by collaborating with communications team and TSNE staff and partners
- Conduct market research, competitive intelligence, and needs-assessment initiatives to guide events and brand development in collaboration with the communications team.
- Support the implementation of TSNE’s media relations strategy by, but not limited to, managing external media listening tools, reporting on key issues related to TSNE programs and services, and creating content.
Content Strategy & Community Management – 30%
- Lead content development for TSNE’s content channels (i.e., blog, social media, presentations, etc.) in collaboration with the communications associate to ensure the production of high-value content across multiple channels
- Collaborate with communications associate to effectively manage TSNE’s external communications channels and engage TSNE’s online audiences, including supporting the maintenance of TSNE’s editorial calendar
- Support the communications and marketing team in ensuring the accuracy and consistency of all communications content
Project Management – 20%
- Collaborate cross functionally and within the communications team to develop and manage project goals, work plans, and deliverables for multiple marketing and communications projects while assessing and adapting plans to effectively execute projects to meet goals (including working with outside vendors)
- Provide event support as (including live posting at events, supporting the hosting of webinars, and assisting with in-person events)
Complete other tasks and projects related to the job, as needed.
Many folks who are impacted by biased professionalism standards, such as women, LGBTQIA+, BIPOC, and individuals with disabilities, tend to only submit an application if they meet every requirement listed. At TSNE, we are always looking for enthusiastic candidates who are the best fit for the role, both culturally and through experience. If you believe you’d be a good addition to our team, we look forward to your application!
- Four years of experience in content development, communications and marketing required;
- Previous experience in community management and public relations highly desirable;
- Thrives and is effective in a multicultural setting working with people from diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs, and personalities;
- Strong knowledge of marketing tactics, tools, and approaches to ensure engaging campaigns;
- Proven success in developing and managing marketing strategies to increase brand awareness, conversions, etc.;
- The ability to lead campaign management through an organized, efficient, cross-functional approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including copywriting and editing);
- Prior success in growing and expanding content channels, ensuring the success of marketing campaigns, and developing content that effectively engages audiences;
- Committed to and have the ability to support and promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all communications, both internally and externally;
- Proven successful project management experience;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively;
- Familiarity with M365 SharePoint Online, Asana (or other project management system), HTML, and CRM experience is a plus.
You also believe in and embody our organizational values and the below core competencies:
- Communication – The ability to effectively exchange ideas, concepts, facts, and data with diverse audiences.
- High standard of integrity, ethics, and professionalism – The highest standards of integrity, ethical practices and professionalism are demonstrated in all aspects of work, including interactions with others, decision-making, and the development and delivery of work product. The ability to integrate core values, equity, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational practices.
- Relationship management – The ability to develop and nurture positive, productive relationships with others.
- Collaboration – The ability to collaborate vertically and horizontally throughout the organization and with others.
- Job Knowledge - Possess the essential skills to perform the job and demonstrates willingness to learn new ones. Understands and follows policies, procedures, and controls.
And a strong combination of the following qualifications:
- Soft Skills including exceptional discretion and judgment. Effective verbal and written communication skills with a wide audience. Ability to build productive and successful range of relationships and effectively serve in roles ranging from trusted advisor, teammate, subject matter expert and to coach.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and some understanding of fostering an inclusive, culturally sensitive, environment. Willing to ask questions, learn, and constructively share and accept feedback. Must be adaptable to a range of audiences and dynamics.
- Just do good work by providing high quality work in fast-paced environment. Strong analytical skills are necessary. Must be flexible and able to manage multiple changing priorities and projects, and be organized and detail oriented. Provide excellent customer service by being on-time and accurate.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described for this position are that of a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time in front of a computer screen is an essential aspect of the position. There may be a need to lift and/or move materials or equipment.
Location: Work will be performed between our office located at the NonProfit Center at 89 South Street, Suite 700, Boston, MA 02111 and your home office. This position is required to be on-site at least once per month and may require flexibility.
Schedule: This position is full-time at 37.5 hours per week and hours are flexible within reason.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation: $97,755, paid bi-weekly at $3,759.81.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): twelve paid holidays, three weeks of vacation, one week of personal holiday, and up to 487.5 hours of accrued health leave time for benefited staff annually.
- 80% Employer-paid, offering some $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim along with several low-deductible plans;
- Low-cost Guardian Dental and Vision.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care.
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Employer-paid Pension and Employee-paid Tax-Deffered Annuity through TIAA.
- Up to $1,080.00 in annual commuter subsidy
- No meetings after noon on Fridays.
- ...and more!
TSNE strives to achieve excellence through a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that embraces all of our individual and collective differences. Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Middle Eastern and North African, Bilingual and/or Bicultural candidates, and LGBTQ2SIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We value and honor the unique talents, learning styles, and lived experiences of each individual that enrich and strengthen our workplace culture, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
All employment conditions are based on an individual’s performance and job qualifications. TSNE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, creed, color, religion, native language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, race-based hairstyles, or any other protected characteristic stated by federal and state law. Regardless of any class’ protection under the law or lack thereof, TSNE celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse team of employees. It is represented in our workplace culture, and it is who we are.
TSNE's EEO statement extends to volunteers, interns, contractors, vendors, and clients.